Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/25/2014 9:09:05 PM EDT
Hi guys. I've got another thread running and wanted to ask a question. Did the vz2008 ever come with a chrome liked barrel?  I've got a potential trade and the owner claims he bought the rifle 10 years ago and it's all Czech parts with a chrome lined barrel and milled reciever.  Does any of this make sense?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Czechpoint VZ58s came with original Czech chrome lined barrels, the Century VZ2008 is not chrome lined, nor has it ever came with one to my knowledge. A Czechpoint VZ will have the bayonet lug milled off and a muzzle cap/extension permently fixed to the muzzle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi guys. I've got another thread running and wanted to ask a question. Did the vz2008 ever come with a chrome liked barrel?  I've got a potential trade and the owner claims he bought the rifle 10 years ago and it's all Czech parts with a chrome lined barrel and milled reciever.  Does any of this make sense?
View Quote

I answered your question in the other thread you posted. It isn't a Century gun, because the the VZ2008 came out in 2008, which is less than 10 years ago. Even the Czechpoint/D-Tecknik VZ58s weren't even out back then. I believe they came out in 2007 ish. Not sure on that one though. Anyway, there was one manufacturer that made VZ58s from parts kits with the original barrels back then. I posted the manufacturer in your other thread. :)
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Might be a VZ2000, there was a company back then making them and receivers as well as tools to press the barrels though i think they may have gone out of buisness. Remember visiting a page that said they got all their receivers from the company and was selling them off. Think that their receivers were different in some way but i dont remember for sure. Think it was the machining on the exterior of the sides that was slightly different. Maybe someone else knows.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top