Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/13/2014 8:58:27 PM EDT
I picked up a VZ 58 Sporter and had some questions. It came with 2 10rd mags. Are these like some "normal" AK's where they are limited to only 10rd mags or can I use the standard CZ 30rd mags? This has CAI on  the receiver, do they build these or just import them?

Thanks,
Craig

Pic

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The receiver is milled by century and the barrels come from green mountain. The stocks are usually century too. The rest is typically imported. Not so sure about the mag question, i'd be happy to send you one of my VZ 30rnd mags to test if you cover the shipping there and back (or you can just keep the mag and send me 15 bucks if you decide you want to keep it).

Kolme

http://postimg.org/image/nt5mmpb1x/
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Going (mainly) by the "signature" muzzle/barrel extension and no bayonet lug on the FSB and the stock. That's a Czech Small Arms (D-Technik)/Czechpoint vz. 58. Built entirely in the Czech Repbulic.

Not sure on your "CAI" markings. But I seem to recall that Century did import some gun for Czechpoint around 2009, before, etc. Usually it was Waffen Werks, TGI, for those markings before Czechpoint started importing them themselves.

I can't tell by the pictures. But if your rifle is 7.62x39 and came with and uses two 10 round, clear polymer mags. Then it's one of the rifles that Czechpoint used to sell that didnt have the mag well opened up to use standard 30 round mags. So you'd be stuck with the 10 round, single stack mag. https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/10-round-single-stack-plastic-magazine-complete?l=5

Not an "AK".
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I should have taken a better look at the picture instead of having just gone off the text... Good eye man...  I agree with him.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going (mainly) by the "signature" muzzle/barrel extension and no bayonet lug on the FSB and the stock. That's a Czech Small Arms (D-Technik)/Czechpoint vz. 58. Built entirely in the Czech Repbulic.

Not sure on your "CAI" markings. But I seem to recall that Century did import some gun for Czechpoint around 2009, before, etc. Usually it was Waffen Werks, TGI, for those markings before Czechpoint started importing them themselves.

I can't tell by the pictures. But if your rifle is 7.62x39 and came with and uses two 10 round, clear polymer mags. Then it's one of the rifles that Czechpoint used to sell that didnt have the mag well opened up to use standard 30 round mags. So you'd be stuck with the 10 round, single stack mag. https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/10-round-single-stack-plastic-magazine-complete?l=5

Not an "AK".
View Quote

Everything you  said is correct. Marking match up to d-technik.

I was hoping to have it cut down for an sbr but Guess I will sell to a banned state.

Thanks,
Craig
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top