Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 6:53:52 PM EDT
I just looked at my log and I'm just shy of 1300 rnds (might have missed some entries though) can anyone beat me?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just looked at my log and I'm just shy of 1300 rnds (might have missed some entries though) can anyone beat me?
View Quote

Is your bolt tabbed?

I just got one last month and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. We just had our local indoor range redo everything and they will now let us shoot rifles. I can't wait to just shoot a couple of mags and see how it functions.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
My friend who is not a member on the forum has round that number through his. He has not had his carrier tabbed. He had1,250+ through his with no issues that is what convenced me to buy mine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
No, but it had to go back once for the gremlin, then the stock hinge pin broke then the trigger quit working. Century's gunsmiths should have picked up on the trigger issue. Ultimately I took it apart figured out how it worked made a few adjustments and fixed it, since their gunsmiths aren't competent enough to do it. Their disconnector, if properly adjusted actually seems like a pretty solid gremlin fix, but there must not be any slop in the trigger mechanism or else your trigger will fail.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
On a side note I though some of yall might want to look at some of the wear patters.......

Here is a hammered area on the receiver that apparently happens when it unlocks

A wear area in the locking lug area.

A very hammered and peened area on the carrier.

I've never owned a weapon that has gotten this distorted with so few rounds. Don't think this weapon will hold up to much over 3-5K rounds before becoming unsafe, we will see.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I am glad you posted this.  I have not noticed any peening on the carrier, but I definitely have some peening on the receiver rails just as shown in your first picture.  I have 90 rounds through my gun and the rails are already peened.

Gun runs like a watch. If this is normal/acceptable that's fine. It this should not be happening I'd like to send it back to Century.

Is yours a Century or a Czechpoint?

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently the marks on the receiver are normal wear.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Century, I've been reading that these marks seem to be normal wear, will find out as I intend to have a couple  thousand rounds more through her in the next year.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I was worried at first, too, but that's normal wear for these rifles.  It's a little different on each one, but it soon finds its place and stops.  There are photos of demilled original military VZ 58's with the same marks.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top