Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/25/2014 2:58:20 PM EDT
I ordered a VZ2008 from PSA. Should get it at my transfer dealer next week.

How do you detect the gremlin and know if you should get the BC tabbed?

7.62x39 is a new caliber for me. This will open up the whole world of Warsaw Pact guns to me, since I'll have to buy new ammo.

What should I get next? :)
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
the trigger doesn't reset. They all technically need tabbed. Not all rifles need it..everyone is slightly different.. but peace of mind its wise to tab it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased more mags, a beaver barf fixed stock and a muzzle brake. I'm also in the process of having my carrier tabbed (peace of mind/didn't have the gremlin), the mag latch and bolt catch extended.  

PSA has a hell of a deal going. I'm really tempted to buy another.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought two and put a wood stock on one, kept the other a folder.  Had them both tabbed, lots of fun plinking and experimenting with different breaks, etc.  A add-on pad on the folder helped that one a lot.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Heavy!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine hasn't shown the gremlin yet so I haven't bothered to tab my carrier. I know everyone says it will happen eventually but mine's a range toy so if it happens I'll deal with it then, I've got plenty of other rifles to shoot while this one is down. I like the stock folder so I just put a rubber pad on mine but if you plan to use the iron sights exclusively a fixed wood stock is a better option. I run a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot that sits on the upper handguard so my line of sight is an inch or two higher than the irons, so I have no problem using a chin weld on the folder. Best commercial steel ammo IMHO is Golden Tiger or any ammo from the Barnaul plant like Brown Bear or Monarch. If you can find it at a decent price and don't mind cleaning corrosive ammo Yugo M67 is great and shoots as well as Hornady.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one and was surprised at the appearance and finish. It seems to be put together well. One range trip so far with 200 rounds fired and one failure to feed. Could not find a reason for it, but after clearing it, it kept chugging along. My only complaint so far is that the buttstock button is a b**** to manipulate. Haven't found a solution for that yet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered one the 26th....still waiting for shipping confirmation. Gonna immediately do paracord wrap on folder and get new muzzle brake, just havent decided yet. wtf couldnt they just use a good common thread like 5/8-24
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one and was surprised at the appearance and finish. It seems to be put together well. One range trip so far with 200 rounds fired and one failure to feed. Could not find a reason for it, but after clearing it, it kept chugging along. My only complaint so far is that the buttstock button is a b**** to manipulate. Haven't found a solution for that yet.
View Quote

I ended up replacing the buttstock with one from Fab. I used this stock: http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-ak47-74-vz58-buttstocks/id-198/folding-butt-stock-w-cheek-piece-for-vz.-58-polymer-joint-.html

I have had it for about three months now, and it is loads better than the wire stock and is much easier to manipulate.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top