Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/11/2014 1:01:18 AM EDT
On their website it asks you to clearly mark that you have a CIA VZ2008, over a CZ version.  I did.  I received my brake and it is loose, I mean real loose.  The tab hole was not lined up correctly so I just put it on the grinder for about 10 seconds, and it lines up now.  But man does this thing wiggle around.  I put the stock one back on, ad it wiggles also, but not like the CNC version.  I put some rock set on it and now it is firmly in place. I am just worried after rounds coming out they may start to hit the brake.  

Am I worried over nothing or is this a valid concern?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm told it's nothing to be concerned about, and I can understand with the stock slant brake since that could never interfere with a round but when I swapped the slant brake on my AK with a slotted brake I had the same concerns so I grinded the back of mine down til it could make another rotation and hit the detent pin. It's still loose enough to be removed by hand but took a lot of the wobble out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing but still have the wobble.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can't get another full turn before the threads hit the FSB you can buy a high heat "O" ring (rust color) to take up the slop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can't get another full turn before the threads hit the FSB you can buy a high heat "O" ring (rust color) to take up the slop.
View Quote

my google skills are weak today, and also I have no idea how these things are sized...  any clue what sort of high heat o ring i can use, and where i might be able to find one?

I just got my muzzle break in the mail today and this seems like a nice easy fix to something that's probably not much of a problem to begin with.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top