Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/7/2014 10:44:46 AM EDT
If there is a thread that already exists on this, please direct me to it.

I have heard there are issues with installing muzzle breaks on the Century versions of the vz58. Mine is pretty new so I believe it is a "later build". I have a RH threads on mine. Do any of you have any advice on installing them? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
No real issue just not a lot of options out there, but the ones that are available are good quality. AKs use 1x14 left hand threads, most Century VZ2008s (all late production VZ2008s anyways) are 1x14 right hand thread. I think Century just used the slant brake cause it's cheap, while it's effective on an AK with a rotating bolt on the VZ it's more just a thread protector. I'll probably replace mine with something like the Slovak brake but for now I  just re-notched mine so the slant is at the bottom of the muzzle, facing 6 o'clock instead of 5 o'clock.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What issues are you talking about?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I put the BoneSteel on mine and love it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What issues are you talking about?
View Quote

just issues of the threads not lining up. I have heard that some have had to use a die to accept the threads on the new break
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

What he said.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What he said.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.

Same here.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The threads on my VZ's have all accepted aftermarket muzzle devices without problems.  My favorite is the Phantom flash hider.  It brakes almost as well as the Slovak brake, but is much quieter and has no fireball.  You can see a bunch of different ones at CNCwarrior.com.  They have excellent quality, good prices, and extremely reasonable shipping rates.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The threads on my VZ's have all accepted aftermarket muzzle devices without problems.
View Quote

This has also been my experience on two of these rifles.  One has the Phantom mentioned above and one has the break termed "slovak" I believe.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I am torn between those two!  Which brake do you like better?  What are the pros and cons of each one?

Quoted:

This has also been my experience on two of these rifles.  One has the Phantom mentioned above and one has the break termed "slovak" I believe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The threads on my VZ's have all accepted aftermarket muzzle devices without problems.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If you have the newer version (My VZ2008 had the Left threads so I could use any most of any of the AK brakes, but my Czechpoint has the R), I would go with the standard CSA Vz58 brake. I think they call it the Slovakian. You can get a 922r comp one from CNCwarrior for around 30 bucks. I love the one I use on my czechpoint rifle because of the recoil reduction. Here is a link to the brake

http://www.cncwarrior.com/Knurled-Compensator-M14-X-1-RH-p/23263.htm
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What are the pros and cons of each one?
View Quote

Of those two, I think the Slovakian break takes the prize on the basis of recoil reduction.  It makes even the folding stock quite bearable.  
Shoulder comfort trumps my muzzle signature at night, which is not something I'm much interested in.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#12]
love the phantom from cnc went right onhttp://<ahttp://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/Rich_Gullstrom/image_zps2485226c.jpeg</a>" />have it on my ar too
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top