Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 12:30:48 PM EDT
Like many I have been looking for an optics solution for my VZ2008. I would like to mount a reddot over the dust cover rather than over the hand guard. I found a product, but have no info on it. Has anyone used this? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance to any help.

http://shop.ramlite.com/Rifle-Mounts_c31.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqAf8iyWCt0
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
bump for info
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with this, but if i had to guess...
Magnetic attachment = will not hold zero

if i'm wrong, somebody please chime in...  that's at a nice price point lol
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That was my first thought as well.  Until proven otherwise, I'll stay far, far away from that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice, I kinda felt the same way. I was about to order a side mount and have my gunsmith mount it for me when i saw this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
If that had a couple of allen anchor screws in it to hold it in place, like say the Scout scopes mount, it would be a pretty good solution.

here's an example on an sks.  I had one on my VZ.  took it off.  Note the two holes by the lettering.  They are allen screws on both sides that you can tighten to anchor it to the rifle.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Firstly, its made of tin, secondly it uses magnets. Even if magnets somehow manage to hold it in place, it will flex.
I would stick to proven solutions - GE or Kinggun if you are not lazy to use inbus..
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah a couple of allen screws would do it
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top