Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 8:51:17 AM EDT
So, my new vz2008 came home from the ffl yesterday.
It will feed fmj about half of the time, hollow points a bit less often, and soft points will feed about 1 time in ten.

I read a forum post from years ago where somebody polished his feed ramps to solve this problem, but I'm more inclined to try to send it back to century for warranty service.  My thinking being that I can always do the polish job later if century refuses, but if i try to do it myself and muck it up that would be grounds for them to refuse to fix it under warranty.

does anybody have any recent experience with Century's warranty service?  I've never had to send a firearm back to the manufacturer, so I'm kind of wondering how big a headache I'm in for here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
i heard nothing but good things of recent century warranty work concerning the vz2008.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
When you say it doesn't feed, is it in the middle of shooting a mag, or is it when racking the bolt?  If when racking the bolt, you may be riding it forward.  If when shooting, then there is a chance that your recoil spring is worn out.  Century uses surplus parts and some of those are past their use.  The ones on my rifle have worked fine, but I got some new ones and am going to change them out to keep ahead of any problems.

The best deal presently for springs is here (about half of what other vendors charge):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-new-springs-for-CZ-858-tactical-vz-58-/111487172766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f527409e

Changing the recoil spring is tricky.  This thread has multiple solutions.  I found the drinking straw to be the quickest and easiest:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=49943.0

I would change that spring before removing any metal (for the reasons you stated, among others) or sending it back to Century.  They might make the exact same replacement, but turn around is a while.  For twenty bucks you can replace the springs you have and keep the other set as backup.

If a new spring doesn't do the job, consider sending it back to Century before doing any polishing.  

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top