Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/4/2014 10:34:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Good rifles but I'll stick with my AR.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff! I know a few lefties who really like the Vz setup, and lots of righties who complain about the charging handle/safety etc.

I really like mine with an Ambidextrous magazine release.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good stuff! I know a few lefties who really like the Vz setup, and lots of righties who complain about the charging handle/safety etc.

I really like mine with an Ambidextrous magazine release.
View Quote
I put an ambi safety on both of mine.  And I'm left handed.  You gotta have long thumbs to rely solely on thumb manipulation for the VZ safety.

As for the "best" gun for a lefty is an AR with ambi safety. IMO.

In addition to VZ's, AK's have pretty good ergos for lefties too.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my AR's but I find being left handed the VZ58 is more comfortable to shoot without having to install ambi controls.  In fact I shoot my VZ58 more then any of my AR's and I have quite a few in 16", 12", 10.5" & 7.5" some chambered in 5.56 and  some in 6.8 SPC.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]
My SA vz-58 has both the ambidextrous mag release and the extended bolt release- I don't reach over to release the bolt, just depress the tab with the trigger finger. Works like a charm. Great rifle.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top