Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/2/2014 3:38:22 PM EDT
My dad found a great deal on one but hates shooting my folder. He wants to buy it if he can switch out the folder for a fixed stock?

thanks,

chris
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, hard part is getting the big screw out that holds the folder on.  Remove that and the stock, then screw on the new stock which uses a through bolt that threads into the same hole as the folder.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it's very, very easy. You'll just need a rather long screwdriver. Make sure you get all the hardware (including the screw) to screw onto the receiver. You may have to work the folding stock off with some might to get it off. Depending on whether thread locker was used on the screw.

Start watching at about the 4 minute mark (to avoid blabbering).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLmDSdx_GPY
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just be aware that on the VZ-2008, some of the holes for the stock screw are located a bit high. Depending on the replacement stock used, you may need to adjust the stock just a bit - it is easy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
M4 stock adapters are reasonable and allow you a good cheek weld with modern ergos. My 2008 will be getting one soon. I love the look of my folder but it just sucks to shoot with it on there. Another option would be a galil folder/adapter.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top