Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/11/2014 6:50:16 PM EDT
So with all the VZ's everyone got now from PSA, how the hell do you fold the stock??Is there  a button like on an ak folder(*which I cant seem to find and there are no videos on the internet). Someone help this nub out
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
nvm figured out please delete. There is a button on the bottom of the stock but mine was so stiff; had to hit it with a butt of a screwdriver a few times and that loosened it up
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine was the same way. Had to "persuade" the button with a small hammer at first.

It's still pretty stiff but it does work.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to do the same to mine to get it 'broken', then ran as much Breakfree CLP as I could get inside the hinge, got a lot of grit & grey sludge out of it but mine was still difficult to pop open til I read another thread about how grabbing/touching the stock will put pressure on the hinge pin and make it harder to open. So when I open/close mine I put my thumb on the receiver and my index finger on the hinge and make sure not to touch the stock itself at all. It works.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
After tapping on mine with a rubber hammer and then taking it apart and filing some rough edges, I'm still having difficulty with mine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine also appeared to be super stiff when I was inspecting the rifle for purchase.  Even the guy showing it to me at the gun shop was having difficulty with it, but the other guy at the shop grabbed it and did a little wiggle while pushing on the button and it works fine.  The button barely feels like it depresses, but it does fairly easily unlock the stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still having trouble with mine. Tried cleaning, de-burring and lubricating. Still hard to operate.

Any suggestions for solutions?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine got easier after I lubed it, but still, you have to wiggle the stock into just the right position to get the button to depress.  After a bit of fooling with it I figured out the position it needed to be in and you should be able to too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't want to wiggle it to a certain position to get it to open. When I push that button, I want it to do what it's supposed to do.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I replaced mine with a fab defense folding stock . . . works great now :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]
When I got mine, the stock was fairly easy to fold, but very difficult to unfold. I took the mechanism apart (unscrew the button using pliers), and cleaned everything with break cleaner. Then I took a file and dremel and eased the edge of the lug on the bolt and the slot in the stock that bare on each other to keep the stock folded (see picture). Finally, I used a wire brush and polishing wheel on the dremel to clean everything up and gave everything a good coating of oil. The stock is very secure, just as before, but it also takes very little pressure to push the release button in either position. Also, the stock pivots so easily that I can push the button and lean the gun and gravity will swing the stock in either direction, an action that I couldn't do before cleaning everything up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I replaced mine with a fab defense folding stock . . . works great now :)
View Quote

Same here. I used the FAB UAS VZ-P
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Shock-absorbing M4 style on mine now. ( After the folding stock got "floppy")
http://www.zahal.org/products/collapsible-butt-stock-shock-absorber-for-vz-58-polymer-version?path_parent=219005
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm still working on mine. So far, I've smooothed all the rough edges I could find and beveled all the edges of the cylinder that moves up and down in the stock. Still not as easy as I want it to operate. Next I'm going to replace the button spring with one that's not quite as strong and see if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
You may be able to cut a little off the spring to make it weaker
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I would love to find a replacement for the metal stock.  It wears out your cheek when shooting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You may be able to cut a little off the spring to make it weaker
View Quote

I was thinking about that, but I decided I didnt want to cut up a perfectly good spring. I'm going to pick one up at the hardware store.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would love to find a replacement for the metal stock.  It wears out your cheek when shooting.
View Quote

Go through the other threads in the VZ58 forum. Some of the other members have posted pictures and links for aftermarket folding stocks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pad it somehow. Pipe insulation and duck tape is common, so is para cord. I made a custom kydex cheek rest.  http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/tempestv/20150131_171041_zps0b96f3cd.jpg
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top