Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:33:02 PM EDT
My VZ should be coming sometime in the next 2 weeks....with that in mind

Now a question. Do they have 40/45 rd or 125 rd drums like AK's do?
I am not bashing the gun, its probably a really good rifle (i have yet to handle it and compare it to my Yugo) . But this seems quite a flaw in the design...
I looked around on APEX, Classic, JG, PSA, just about any online retailer and they have none. Now Drums arent that really useful in the civilian market but they are still quite a nifty toy
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If needed this can be moved to the "magazines" section of the forum
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Not that I'm aware of.

There are pictures floating around of VZs in action with converted Russian drums. Bonesteel arms used to convert both drums, but I believe it was an incredible pain in the ass. He doesn't do Russian style drums anymore and I'm not sure if he does the flip drums anymore either.

I love my 40 round mags and drums in AKs & RPKs, but the VZ is extremely lightweight, I wouldn't want balance thrown off anymore than it is with a loaded 30.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't really see it as a design flaw. But maybe I'm taking your wording too literally.

I've seen a few instances of Czech or Slovak soldiers with things like drum mags. Whether they were converted AK mags or not, I couldn't say for certain. But that would be my guess. There are a few places that sell things like 75 round drum mags or 40 round mags for the vz. 58. But they're all converted AK mags. I've never seen any evidence that the Czech/Slovaks/Czechoslovakians ever made any thing other than the 30 round mags for vz. 58 rifles. If they did, never in any great quantity. The rifle has a version called the (Pi) model. Essentially a light machine gun version/role/variant of the rifle. With a mounted side rail and a NV/infrared scope cone flash hider and folding bipod. But they seemed to only use the regular 30 round mag.

http://www.vz58rifle.com/products/zasobnik-pro-sa-vz-58-40ks-naboju-7-62x39/
http://www.zahal.org/products/sa-vz-58-75-round-drum-magazine1?path_parent=278948
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Zahal sells Vz58 specific drums :D

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
195$ for a 75 rd drum is kinda absurd

I paid 125 bucks for a 100 round chinese backloader

although I was just asking if they have any factory-made ones, more of a history question. Not sure if I am ready to fork out this kind of money.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top