[#1]
Perfectly legal if you're an SOT.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perfectly legal if you're an SOT.
View Quote

Would that be a drunken SOT? Because I fit that M.O.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny how it's just under the $100 mark.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#4]
seller location Czech Republic so I doubt it would make it past customs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think they would have any idea what it was. Other then a trigger.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as the value is under $100 there's no issues.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably pre-86 so they are grandfathered in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then it would be about $15,000 not $99.00.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to the ad in SGN.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#10]
If you had any doubts about what this really is check this out.

How a VZ58 trigger works
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
delete
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I know very little about VZ58's so please school me. It looks like it's just a standard select fire trigger group that would come with any VZ58 kit. Is it illegal to own the parts and the gun?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know very little about VZ58's so please school me. It looks like it's just a standard select fire trigger group that would come with any VZ58 kit. Is it illegal to own the parts and the gun?
View Quote

Did you miss the full auto part?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I sure didn't new guy. Is possessing these parts a crime?  Is possessing these parts and a semi-auto VZ58 type firearm a crime. Just because you have "full auto" parts and a semi auto firearm doesn't always make it a crime. If you have nothing intelligent to add then stay quiet. If that is too difficult for you then your stay here will be short.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I love the new guy part. Unless you have a license full auto is illegal. Its pretty simple and any gun guy should know. Same rules apply with an AR. Its not vz specific. And oh man my life will be over if my time here is short....whatever. How can you even own a gun and not know this shit?

I mean seriously, do you have an auto sear for an AR? (think before you answer) Why not? and if you do you know what it takes to get one legally.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]
this is a iffy subject many parts kits come with the full auto hardware vz and the older m16 parts kits that where on the market a while back. owning a select fire trigger set and a ar15 is iffy but not really illegal. if you have a 3rd hole in your ar receiver then yea you have jail time. the best thing you can do is probly just go ahead and get rid of the parts or you can get a suspected intent of use charge. ATF words their rules in a way that they can be taken in a few different ways if you feel the need to question it then a ATF field agent can probly charge you for it .

this is probly worse than owning a m16 burst trigger group because it looks like the vz is almost a drop in unlike the ar15 which you would have to machine the receiver for the longer trigger sear pack and drill a 3rd pin in it. hard to talk you way out of a trip to jail with this.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I love the new guy part. Unless you have a license full auto is illegal. Its pretty simple and any gun guy should know. Same rules apply with an AR. Its not vz specific. And oh man my life will be over if my time here is short....whatever. How can you even own a gun and not know this shit?

I mean seriously, do you have an auto sear for an AR? (think before you answer) Why not? and if you do you know what it takes to get one legally.
View Quote

He's asking because AK parts kits ship with the FA FGC and rate reducer smartass... Being in possession of the parts does not make your semi auto rifle that lacks the axis pin hole for an auto sear magically become a machinegun...
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
lets try it this way as a example you own a ar15 with a 20" barrel and later you buy a ar15 upper with a 10.5" barrel with plans to later buy a pistol lower for it but ran out of funds so they now both sit in your gun cabinet . the ATF for what ever reason comes to you house and finds them they are both legal to own but for what ever reason they see it as having the means to make a sbr ar15 and with you having no registered lower for the 10.5" upper and even though they were not assembled togather as a sbr they can still charge you with a possession with intent of use or at least try to (lawyer $$$$). this is not worth trying out if you ask me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lets try it this way as a example you own a ar15 with a 20" barrel and later you buy a ar15 upper with a 10.5" barrel with plans to later buy a pistol lower for it but ran out of funds so they now both sit in your gun cabinet . the ATF for what ever reason comes to you house and finds them they are both legal to own but for what ever reason they see it as having the means to make a sbr ar15 and with you having no registered lower for the 10.5" upper and even though they were not assembled togather as a sbr they can still charge you with a possession with intent of use or at least try to (lawyer $$$$). this is not worth trying out if you ask me.
View Quote

Wrong.  Assembled AR and a short barrel upper is ok.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may want to read this

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#21]
thank you that was my point. this is stepping into the grey area.   constructive intent
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was going to wait until I got to the shop and dissect your reply but I know your type and it's not worth my time. However, I recommend reading the GCA and the NFA both are good reads to help you realize you're and idiot. If you have read them, then obviously you did not comprehend any of it. Now then, where's that New York lawyer at to rid ourselves of this guy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Look what else I found on EB. They are calling it a disconnected but anyone that knows the VZ platform knows what this really is.
Disconetor catch left and right complet for Vz58 - NEW
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No... That's "constructive intent".  You're giving bad advice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
I don't have a license, and I can haz full auto.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Okay, first off those parts are USELESS in any VZ2008 or Czechpoint VZ58. The newly made semi-auto receivers have a large block of metal that was not milled out and prevents the auto sear from being installed.  So, big waste of money in my opinion. Second it is not illegal to possess FA parts all parts kits come with them, the FA rec. or a modified rec. is the no no. Third , the ATF does not kick in doors trying to piece together a "case" out  of parts, rifles and tools in the garage and call it "intent". The PPS-43C "pistol" has a folding stock welded in place making it a pistol. A $200 stamp is needed to cut the welds and make the stock useable as a SBR. Owning a dremel tool, is not intent  to make a unregistered SBR.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top