Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2014 4:14:32 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience using the polymer hand guards that Czechpoint sells. Do they run cooler than the original beaver puke hand guards? See link below.

Czechpoint lower Hand Guard
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some. I have a VZ2008 and they needed major dremeling and sanding to fit. Probably spent an hour on it. But I got them to work I doubt I'll ever get them back off though.

Not sure if they would fit a Czechpoint made VZ58 better. I'd hope so. I always wear gloves so can't comment on the heat issue.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a disc sander to buff off a good .050" off the front of the plastic to make it fit.

The beaver barf ain't bad and I have that on my fixed stock rifle.  I have all plastic on my folder.

I can't remember if they're cooler or not.  I've never taken them both out at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both the upper and lower Czechpoint Black Polymer HandGuards on my VZ.2008, Can't say whether they run cooler or not; I fitted mine before firing my VZ with the Original ones - they do get pretty hot though!
I grab the front of the magazine so the hand guard heat really is not an issue....
FWIW I had no issues fitting the hand guards some very minor filing and they went right on maybe 15 minutes to fit and install both of them - you do not use the metal piece from the plastic wood lower on the black polymer one.

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s618/toddsss1/vz2008blk_zps2c49ab0d.jpg

This is how it looked soon after I got it - I have since added a side mount and red dot as well as the tactical bolt release and the Czech brake.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
has anyone used some of that heat reflective aluminum tape on the inside of a beaver barf hand guard?  I am thinking I might try it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
If it helps, I bought a setup (upper & lower) polymer handguards from Zahal for my vz2008 and the bottom piece only took a little bit of sanding on front and back corners to fit properly.  Haven't shot the gun yet but I may add something between the barrel and the lower handguard if it gets too hot shooting at the range.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top