Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2014 6:54:36 PM EDT
Before

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/go2ground/IMAG0005_zps6ca9ac6b.jpg

After a few changes.  Stormwerkz: Stock Adapter,  Ace: Skeleton Stock and Folding Mechanism,  North Eastern Arms: Fore Grip (from SFRC),  Mako Fab Defense: Pistol Grip

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/go2ground/IMAG0021_zps1ad752c3.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/go2ground/IMAG0020_zpsdc5f36c7.jpg

I also had to widen the slot on the safety / fire selector so the disconnector would function reliably.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
you just forgot one thing - a brake.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep,you are right.  I was originally going to get my fore grip from Bonesteele and had also ordered a muzzle brake from him, but canceled my order after I found out I would have to wait over a month and a half before it would be made. So I need to find another site to order the brake from ?

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/go2ground/IMAG0022_zps81fe8e0e.jpg
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I also had to widen the slot on the safety / fire selector so the disconnector would function reliably.
View Quote

Please elaborate on this?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I have 3 of these. They all function great. Which slot? It seems the kits had the 3rd position ground off on the selector. Did you bolt stick when closing (if riding it vs rack/dropping)?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a Bulgarian brake on mine and love it. Nice VZ!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the look for your receiver better than mine, yours looks beefier
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue I was having with the fire safety selector was that the small amount of play that exists in the trigger group, the fire safety selector and sear  can walk over from the left side to the right side of the reciever.  The small amount of movement was enough to cause the disconnector to intermittently act as the gun was on safe when it was actually on fire.

In the photo the selector is on safe, you can see that in this position the disconnector rides on the uncut  side of the f / s selector which does not allow it to make contact with the sear. I widened the cut with a file and polished the selector so there is no chance of the disconector not pushing upwards into the slot (when selector is in the fire position) regardless of any play. Hope this makes sense.

Since doing this the rifle has functioned 100%

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/go2ground/IMAG0003_zps4a09f36e.jpg.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#8]
have the same hand guard and I love how the micro red dot can be used with the iron sights. but that hand guard still gets very hot. The magpul moe plastic rails work fine on it with a little dremeling. I think it was the 2" moe rail I used for my foregrip and a north eastern arms 4" for the side rail for a light.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
have the same hand guard and I love how the micro red dot can be used with the iron sights. but that hand guard still gets very hot. The magpul moe plastic rails work fine on it with a little dremeling. I think it was the 2" moe rail I used for my foregrip and a north eastern arms 4" for the side rail for a light.
View Quote

Does it get as hot as the original beaver puke hand guard?
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
beats me I ordered all new furniture when I ordered the rifle and had my wife pick the rifle up when it came while I was on deployment  so when I got home I started swapping everything out. I cant say its any worse than the rail on my ar15 but that has the plastic rail covers. you should be wearing gloves with this rifle anyways not only for heat but for the amount of gas blowback it has. shoot it for a long time straight and you will have a half black hand from the gas ports at the front of the hand guard. Just my thoughts on it though iv had a lot of barrel burns from the military so I like my gloves.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks beautiful, I have Vz envy ! I esp love the  Stormwerkz: Stock Adapter & Ace: Skeleton Stock and Folding Mechanism,
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#12]
When you changed the PG did you have trouble with the little nut the the PG screw goes into ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When you changed the PG did you have trouble with the little nut the the PG screw goes into ?
View Quote

No, the pistol grip was the only accessory that I was able to install without doing any modifications everything else required a little grinding , filing , or hole enlarging.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep,you are right.  I was originally going to get my fore grip from Bonesteele and had also ordered a muzzle brake from him, but canceled my order after I found out I would have to wait over a month and a half before it would be made. So I need to find another site to order the brake from ?

<a href="http://s671.photobucket.com/user/go2ground/media/IMAG0022_zps81fe8e0e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/go2ground/IMAG0022_zps81fe8e0e.jpg</a>
View Quote

If you're looking for one of the Czech military brakes. Czechpoint has them:
https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz-58-muzzle-brake?l=1

You're used to fitting stuff on your 2008. You may have to as well with the brake. Just read the link. Same cavet that the Bonesteel sight said.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#15]
beats me I ordered all new furniture when I ordered the rifle and had my wife pick the rifle up when it came while I was on deployment so when I got home I started swapping everything out. I cant say its any worse than the rail on my ar15 but that has the plastic rail covers. you should be wearing gloves with this rifle anyways not only for heat but for the amount of gas blowback it has. shoot it for a long time straight and you will have a half black hand from the gas ports at the front of the hand guard. Just my thoughts on it though iv had a lot of barrel burns from the military so I like my gloves.
View Quote

You make a good point. Everytime I shoot this gun I get reverse Al Jolson hands, Check out these oven mitts and THANK YOU FOR YOUR  SERVICE.

My favorite oven mitts
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
looks better than the barrel gloves I was issued but I don't think they would work on a 50 cal or not as good as the oven mitts you use when changing the barrel. think very extreme hot potato. best gloves I was issued where the long camelbak flight gloves they have good heat resistants (flame retardant cloth and leather) dexterity was very good close to that of flier gloves but they lasted much longer 5 or 6 months ( long time for everyday worn gloves in the summer in afgan) the leather on them hardened to the point of having to wet them to put them on from all the sweat salt ( could stand them on my desk like a spider lol) they should last the normal person a very long time. another great glove is the mechanix impact the cushion on the palm keeps heat off you skin and they last pretty long the cheap mechanix gloves are just that they wear out really fast and don't do much for heat at all.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top