Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 12:18:33 PM EDT
Did they fix the stock hole position and the length of the receiver? I ordered the AIM package and I hope I won't get a dud.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Atleast you know how century arms is going into it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I like it...
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t676/Phillip_Chung/DSC08195_zps487daa23.jpg

And after firing 129 rounds out of it.
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t676/Phillip_Chung/wear_zps2578a9c2.jpg

You can see small dimples from the normal wear and tear of the receiver. Those dimples are formed from the bolt stop.
Also notice the twin leaf spring, causing a very heavy military trigger. (One is supposed to be for full-auto, the other is for semi.)

*videos coming later*
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine. had zero malfunctions over 250 rounds. Also while the trigger may be heavy it is also the smoothest i've ever shot. Try it with no break on it. Turns the recoil into a nice push.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Double Tap.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just tried mine out. After 90 flawless rounds of GT, I called it a day. When I got home and went to clean it, the gas piston main shaft was bent. Surplus piston and spring on order. Mine also has the dents on the rail from the striker end plate. Upon examination, I noticed that the springs in the top cover have been parkerized, and that means they will probably break eventually. There were some Garand's sold with parked springs years ago, and the springs would break regularly. When the springs were replaced, the Garand's ran as they should. I will see if the used surplus gas piston works without bending before I spend any more money on this rifle. If there are no further problems I will invest in springs, striker, and firing pin and call it good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine a couple of months ago, I'd say that it has 500ish rounds through it.  The only issue I had with it was when I some how had a less than one degree cant to the receiver cover when I put it back together wonky.  It had a FTF issue every third round or so that got fixed when I took the cover off and put it back on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: Surplus piston and spring on order.
View Quote

Make sure you follow the  922r law.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I've had nothing but problems with mine. Hope yours is good. AIM wouldn't do anything for me because I didn't shoot the gun until a month after I bought it and found the problems. Guess I should have gone to the range when it was 5 degrees out and shot it right away.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You can post about the problems here with pictures and we can help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have.

Did you call Century? I've heard they have decent CS.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]
averwo, AIM wouldn't do anything for me because I DID shoot it.  Mine is at Century now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#13]
The Century VZ2008 has 9 imported parts that count toward 922r:
1 bolt
2 bolt carrier
3 trigger
4 magazine body
5 magazine follower
6 magazine floorplate
7 pistol grip
8 buttstock
9 handguards

American made 922r parts are:
1 receiver
2 barrel
3 muzzle device
4 disconnector
5 sear
6 gas piston

Adding a surplus gas piston would take the count up to 10 (still legal).

Mike
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top