Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2014 12:04:11 PM EDT
I am going to pick up the VZ 58 I have on "lay away" in a couple of weeks.  In the mean time I thought I would order a decent flash hider and other 922r parts from Bonesteel Arms and a couple of other sources.  I know the muzzle threads are 14M x 1 right hand but the muzzle has a sleeve/nut on it now.  I looked closely and didn't see any welds but thought I would ask how it is attached.  Is the nut just torqued on or loctited on or brazed on or what?  Thought I would ask before I destroy something by accident.

Thanks in advance for your help,
MadDog
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard the Czechpoint VZ58 extension nut is welded on to give it a 16" total length.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. Are we guessing correctly that you have a Czechpoint/Czech Small Arms vz. 58 that you're picking up?

If so, the muzzle extension is plug/puddle welded. Usually horizontally around the 12 and 6 o'clock postition. Meaning the muzzle extension has two holes in it. The holes are filled welded into the threads. Then smoothed and painted over. This is welded on because the original barrel length is a hair under the legal 16 inch. minimum length. You can replace the extension with a muzzle device of some kind. But it needs to be "permanently" attached as well immediately. Good news is the extension can be removed and replaced with something else without damaging the threads. You can do this on your own if your handy. Or decent smith could do it.

Here's an idea on how to do it. I guess the new device can be attached a few ways.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=47357.msg278416#msg278416

This guy drilled slightly into the threads. I don't know if that necessary or not.

If you want to have a long enough barrel, but be able to use various muzzle device. CNC Warrior makes an extension that you can permanently attach.

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=25797

The Century guns have a non original barrel that is slightly longer than 16 inch.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah. Are we guessing correctly that you have a Czechpoint/Czech Small Arms vz. 58 that you're picking up?

If so, the muzzle extension is plug/puddle welded. Usually horizontally around the 12 and 6 o'clock postition. Meaning the muzzle extension has two holes in it. The holes are filled welded into the threads. Then smoothed and painted over. This is welded on because the original barrel length is a hair under the legal 16 inch. minimum length. You can replace the extension with a muzzle device of some kind. But it needs to be "permanently" attached as well immediately. Good news is the extension can be removed and replaced with something else without damaging the threads. You can do this on your own if your handy. Or decent smith could do it.

Here's an idea on how to do it. I guess the new device can be attached a few ways.

This guy drilled slightly into the threads. I don't know if that necessary or not.

If you want to have a long enough barrel, but be able to use various muzzle device. CNC Warrior makes an extension that you can permanently attach.

The Century guns have a non original barrel that is slightly longer than 16 inch.
View Quote

I don't have the VZ58 yet but it does have the D.Technik engraving on the side which tells me this is a Czechpoint/Chech Small Arms gun.  I looked over the tutorial for removing the muzzle nut and have done similar work in the past on my Mini Draco so it should be easy for me.  I just didn't know how the original muzzle nut was attached since I could not see any "blind pin/weld" marks.  I may just buy the CNC Warrior extension and perm/attach that so I can change out muzzle devices.

Thanks for the help,
MadDog

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't have the VZ58 yet but it does have the D.Technik engraving on the side which tells me this is a Czechpoint/Chech Small Arms gun.  I looked over the tutorial for removing the muzzle nut and have done similar work in the past on my Mini Draco so it should be easy for me.  I just didn't know how the original muzzle nut was attached since I could not see any "blind pin/weld" marks.  I may just buy the CNC Warrior extension and perm/attach that so I can change out muzzle devices.

Thanks for the help,
MadDog

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the help,
MadDog

No problem.
Essentially, D-Technik is the old name for Czech Small Arms.

I've got a couple CSA 58's. One I had the non bayoneted FSB replaced with one that had a lug. And I had the extension removed and had a Czech muzzle device installed permanently.
http://bonesteelarms.com/VZ-58-Slovakian-Style-Muzzle-Brake-CNC-23263.htm

My other one is still in the factory configuration. But I'll eventually have the lugged FSB put on. And I'll probably go with the CNCW extension too.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top