Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/2/2014 6:00:32 AM EDT
Took my new Century VZ 2008 out to the range yesterday to blast a quick 100 rounds, went bang every time. Sights were dead on @ 25 yards using Golden Tiger. Recoil was surprisingly light compared to my WASR 10/63 considering how much lighter the VZ is. Fit & finish is much better than my WASR, and the action on the VZ is much smoother out of the box than my WASR. Even slow firing 100 rounds, the handguards did seem to heat up pretty quickly, I'll bring gloves next time. Picked it up from a new gun shop for $550 cash with 5 mags, bayo, sling & cleaning kit. That's a great deal around here. Anyone got a link to a good video showing dissasembly of a VZ58?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's another one.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_103553&feature=iv&src_vid=QemYI_aWWvM&v=ToO-Gdpi4Jw
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a great deal from a shop. The heat thing is one complaint you do hear about the 58's. I think it's do to the lack of a gas tube and all that hot gas blowing into the hand guard. Anyone try making a heat shied from steel or insulation ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, very happy about the deal, shop took my RIA 9mm GI 1911 and 4 mags on trade plus $200 cash. I like the look of the stock handguards and don't have plans to modify it too much but I have a spare TRS-25 red dot lying around and would like to put a rail on top. Just can't decide whether to leave the original handguards & go with a scout scope mount or replace the handguards with something like the NEA or Bonesteel rails. But for now I'm just looking for a good rubber pad for the folding stock and maybe a shorter mag for bench shooting.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Good price from a store. Online still around $500 to $550. Although I cant seem to find any fixed stock at a decent price, they seem to be around $800, wow. I agree with you, get em while you can!
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It was just a few years ago JG sales had them for $318.  I thought I was seeing things so I called them. I got one of the hardwood full stock ones. One of the best deals I have ever gotten. They didn't last long
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't imagine how hot those handguards would get with FA, Hell I was slapping rounds in with a stripper clip and got it hot enough to burn my hand, this was 5 round strings keep in mind (stupid liberals...)

I slapped aftermarket handguards on it, it helps but it does still gt warm. When they finally get rid of our mag ban I am going to try it with a drum and see how it goes. Also your hand will be BLACK after firing lots of ammo
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was just a few years ago JG sales had them for $318.  I thought I was seeing things so I called them. I got one of the hardwood full stock ones. One of the best deals I have ever gotten. They didn't last long
View Quote

very hard to find, but they have them for $800 at J&G Sales.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]
i just got one!

GREAT FUCKING RIFLE!!!!!!!!!
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top