Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2014 6:42:52 PM EDT
How common is the vz gremlin ? How expensive is it to fix ? How is the accessory market for it ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How common is the vz gremlin ? How expensive is it to fix ? How is the accessory market for it ?
View Quote

Why take a chance on a Century, when you can get a Czechpoint made one?   Now, once you get one, and realize you get AKM firepower for almost M-1 carbine weight, you might realize that the only accessory you want is a dozen magazines, a couple of those leather pouches, and some paracord to wrap around the folding stock you might wait 2 months to find.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why take a chance on a Century, when you can get a Czechpoint made one?   Now, once you get one, and realize you get AKM firepower for almost M-1 carbine weight, you might realize that the only accessory you want is a dozen magazines, a couple of those leather pouches, and some paracord to wrap around the folding stock you might wait 2 months to find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

where do I find one of those ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Czechpoint or Checkpoint has an extensive website devoted the VZ 58, the Scorpion pistol, etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Czechpoint or Checkpoint has an extensive website devoted the VZ 58, the Scorpion pistol, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what the the differences between the century vs czech point ? $500 vs $950 is a large leap.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
vz58 is built on a czech receiver and barrel.  vz2008 receiver/barrel are u.s. made, barrel is not chrome lined.  They are both nice.    Gremlin can happen at any time on vz2008 rifles that arent tabbed.  If your not wanting to spend money on the vz5,8 just pay $30-50 and have a tab welded on the bolt carrier to stop the gremlin problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
"what the the differences between the century vs czech point ? $500 vs $950 is a large leap"

Yes very large leap.  A tabbed bolt is an easy fix and there are many happy VZ2008 owner out there with an extra $500 in their pockets for ammo or even a whole other gun ! The Czechpoint rifles are top notch rifles if you have money falling out your a$$ and you just have to have a chrome lined bore I say get one, if you have a more limited budget nothing wrong with the VZ2008 well built and a great deal for the money even if you have to have the bolt tabbed. here's the break down :

Czechpoint VZ58:

Czech made receiver built using used Czech rifle parts.
Used chrome lined barrel
Original style bake on enamel finish
Permently attached muzzle nut/extension over threads
Plastic trigger
No bayonet lug
Excellent customer service

VZ2008:

A well built US made receiver milled from bar stock
US made (Green Mountain) non chrome barrel
Built using used Czech rifle parts
Parkerized finish
Correct 1/14RH threaded muzzle
Bayonet lug

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those Czechpoint vs. VZ2008 threads we use to see a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking for it to be a fun gun to shoot cheaper than my tavor or my rock river so im not sure if I need the czechpoint model unless I can find one used for a good price.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was looking for it to be a fun gun to shoot cheaper than my tavor or my rock river so im not sure if I need the czechpoint model unless I can find one used for a good price.
View Quote

for the price and the extras (essentially getting the rifle for 350ish) the aim deal is great for a budget shoot to have a blast with. Even though it may need a tab installed down the road.. for the money its worth it.

I don't regret my choice.. you shouldn't either. CZ point is nice.. but it has the same tab issue but one that was corrected from the factory (czech point).. it is not a century issue .. its a design issue of the fire arm that was never meant to be semi-auto only. Also for the money and no accessories its almost a no-brainer to go vz2008. That and czech point is difficult to find and when you do.. be prepared for 900+

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Where can i go or where can i ship it off to for the tab to be put on ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
i have a century built gun ,that thing shoots like a rapped ape my faverote gun to plink with ..NO PROBLEMS
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
If u got the money 4 the Czech usa go ahead if not get the 2008 tab the bolt n start shooting n having a blast best rifle cia brings out in long time u won't regret it about the barrel clean it up really good it will last u decent long thousands shoots good luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If u got the money 4 the Czech usa go ahead if not get the 2008 tab the bolt n start shooting n having a blast best rifle cia brings out in long time u won't regret it about the barrel clean it up really good it will last u decent long thousands shoots good luck
View Quote

Seriously. I know this is the internet. But a little proper sentence structure and punctuation would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seriously. I know this is the internet. But a little proper sentence structure and punctuation would be nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen worst :)
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my vz2008 and I did get the aim surplus deal. I have heard that century fixed the problem a different way something with the trigger parts like the sear or the disconecter. I'm currently looking for one of the Czech style muzzle breaks and a recoil pad.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I got mine from AIM.  It looks brand new and functions fine.  Not sure what the issues are but so far I've not experienced any of them?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So have I. Honestly, it's funny and a little sad at the same time. Sometimes, I just completely ignore post like that one. I love (sarcasm) the ones that have sentences that go on for multiple lines. Like the above. Or people that right novel size responses without breaking them down into paragraphs. I'm really not a grammar Nazi. My typing isn't perfect for informal stuff like this either. But cmon man.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#17]
LoL this is what i have to deal with on a daily basis on another popular forum - The grammar by the above user is poetry compared to this; i dear you to get through the first sentence before gouging your eyes out with a pike.

Quoted:Dont know what mAKES YOU THINK THAT SHORT BARRELED CARBINE SHOULD OUT SHOOT THE NEARLY THREe TIMES AS LONG SVT-40 BARREL, that makes 0 sense to me my 41 svt is super asccuirate and can outshoot any M39 carbine , and most all mosin nagant long rifles, they are very accurate, how does that surprise you with nearly twice the barrel length and a compensater to reduce recoil and being gas operated compared to a bolt carbine? that it shoots tighter than a carbine model short barrel? I also have had the cleaning rod pop out during shooting after it was apparently snapped into place , could be a design flaw or just wear , but thats a common problem,  i just remove mine when that happens till i am done shooting it. but outshooting carbine length barreled carbines is not and never will be hard for any svt unless you just have a sewer pipe of a bore svt. dont think bores were anymore tighter than normal on the svt , but just like the mosins they were test fired and only the best shooting ones were assigned for sniper use from all i have read up on them. but outshoot carbines lol, not a problem. not my svt-40. can do it easily. Also never had a prob with the gas piston coming loose either.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
really guys stay on the subject ..anit english class ..you like that anit ...
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry if I hurt your feelings Jackie lol...........Im here to share my experiences not in a grammar contest. If you don't like how i write my English...don't read it. Sorry if I miss spell something jaja jaja jaja ja.....have a nice day
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is mine built by orf with welded on orig style brake. Not sure about checkpoint but this one was built as close to .mil specs as possible.
Haven't heard much bad about the century if you want the gun for it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I had the gremlin in mine so I bought the bonesteelarms tabbed carrier for 75$. im still glad I got the cai cause iv had zero issues after the tabbed carrier and for the rifle, grip , correct brake , aluminum handguard system and red dot it was around the price of a stock cz
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top