Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2014 2:53:06 PM EDT
Was in the LGS today and spotted a Century VZ2008 folder for 525-.I'm looking for another AK but this gun caught my eye today,first one I've seen in person!Can the factory fixed stock be installed on a folder gun?Also how do these compare to the more expensive Czechpoint's?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was in the LGS today and spotted a Century VZ2008 folder for 525-.I'm looking for another AK but this gun caught my eye today,first one I've seen in person!Can the factory fixed stock be installed on a folder gun?
View Quote

Yes.  It is a simple swap.

Also how do these compare to the more expensive Czechpoint's?
View Quote

Unlike the fancier Czechpoints, they do not have a chrome-lined barrel.  But they are a little less than half the price, so that compromise is worth it for some people.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Spare parts availability good?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spare parts availability good?
View Quote

Yes there is a small cottage industry that's cropped up to support the platform. https://www.apexgunparts.com/ is where you would find most spare parts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Spare mags and parts are available - CzechpointUSA carries a lot of that. Yes, all stocks made for the vz-58 will fit on the receiver. Also, Stormwerkz makes an adapter to use AR stocks as well.
The Century rifle actually has a decent reputation - the reason Century AK builds are so poorly thought of is because the AK is an easy build. Any schmuck can put one together. The SA vz-58 is rated a "difficult" build, so Century had to hire someone a cut well above the usual drunken monkeys to build the vz-2008. To put it in perspective, I'd love to buy one and do a head to head with my CzechpointUSA version.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top