Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2014 8:19:58 AM EDT
Hey all,

I just got my FAB Defense handguards (polymer ones) in the mail today.  I put them on, which is another story all together, then mounted my red dot to the top handguard and when the red dot is tightened as far as it can it slides a bit and jumps during dry fire.  I figure maybe the red dot is off so I move it down to the lower handguard just to test the fit and it fits fine.  I came to the conclusion that the rail on the top handguard was made too small or something.  Either way, I will not be returning them and waiting another 3 weeks for a replacement so I figure I'll sell them dirt cheap to someone who doesn't want to mount something and I'll just buy quality handguards from an American company.

Here's my real question:  what do ya'll suggest, aluminum, polymer, it doesn't matter.  I want something that will be solid for my red dot though.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The Bonesteel handguard gets good reviews, but I think it adds a bit of weight. If the FAB Defense handguards aren't working for you, I think those would be the next step.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the handguards I just don't like the fact that the top rail is too small and my red dot flops around.  Unless there is some kind of spacer anyone knows of that'll make the red dot stay solid I don't really have a choice.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've heard those handguards haven't been in stock for over a month though, is the guy even still making them?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I really wouldn't trust a polymer rail on any weapon.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top