Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/23/2014 5:28:57 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying one of the AIM CIA VZ-2008 rifles, but I'm not crazy about the bakelite hand guard. Does anyone make an extended hand guard that would fit these guns? I'd prefer wood if possible, but would be happy with plastic or maybe even aluminum. It seems like I've seen an extended hand guard a while back, but I can't seem to find it now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what you mean by extended but Ironwood designs has wood grips and stocks for the VZ.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for a longer hand guard that sticks out past the gas block, and lets me stretch out my support arm some. I'd also like to cover up more of the barrel, I just think it looks better that way.
I'm aware of Ironwood designs, if extended hand guards weren't a possibility, I'd probably get one of their hand guards just to get rid of the particle board.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen or heard of anything like you're talking about. The only rail system or handguard that has anything that goes over the gas block is this one. It attaches to the barrel and I"m told it's crap.
http://www.tuffzone.com/Quad-Rail-Hand-Guard-for-VZ58-CZ-858_p_197.html

There's this one too. But it goes covers the top as well.
http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/vfr-vz.htm
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd actually prefer if the top hand guard extended as well. That Mako hand guard is overly bulky and really ugly though. I might just end up carving a custom hand guard the way I want it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a fun project.  If I had an original fixed stock to copy thought about making one out of walnut.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a professional carpenter, and I've carved a custom stock for my SKS, so I doubt a hand guard would be overly difficult.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top