Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/14/2017 6:17:06 PM EDT
Century C39v2 with SOB brace, Magpul furniture and a birdcage flashider for $749 after a $100 rebate or

Century M92 with Krink brake and SB Tactical brace, for $659.

I "think" the SOB brace will fit me better than the SB47, and I intended on installing Magpul furniture.

As far as Krink vs birdcage I mainly want flash suppression and keeping my eyebrows...

Both are at Prepper Gun Shop.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That.

I, personally, prefer stamped receiver for AKs. In this case though, my decision would be toward whichever one I thought would be most likely to have threads concentric with the bore (C39v2).
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
After the initial results on the C39v2 from Ak Operators Union's tests, I don't know if I would buy one of them.  Maybe it will stop eating its bolt and not end up failing?  But so far, it's not looking good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
M92 hands down, I think Atlantic has them in stock as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
M92 all day long.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
500 rounds through my recently purchased m92 not 1 hiccup. able to hit man sized target at 200 yrds with open sights
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
500 rounds through my recently purchased m92 not 1 hiccup. able to hit man sized target at 200 yrds with open sights
View Quote
How unpleasant is the blast compared to short barreled ARs ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
M92

Yg
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not bad, more of a lower whump or thud.

Muzzle devices can change it, but the stock welded on ring makes awesome fireballs
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a M92 owner, so...

M92.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have the booster on mine. To me not bad at all.

Other people have complained more about the loudness more than the fireball.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had both the old SB47 and the SOB on my Draco pistol, the SOB is about 6" longer & much slimmer, IMHO much better than the SB47.

But I'd choose the M92 pistol over the better brace.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damage industries also makes a linear comp for the m92, have not tried mine yet, but it's gotta be better than nothing.

I didn't do a booster because the m92 seems to get plenty of back pressure without one.  Though I did buy one, just never got around to putting it on the gun.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
M92 no doubt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
My M92 has well over 1000 rounds through it and has never malfunctioned. I rarely clean it as it just runs like a beast even caked with carbon. The AR pistol is my new favorite gun but if I had to use my little Pap M92 to defend my life for what ever reason I wouldn't feel under gunned at all. That is as long as I'm not facing anything belt fed or an area weapon. The muzzle blast doesn't bother me but there are several devises out there that direct the blast away from the shooter. I use the 4 piece flamming pig style on a couple of AR pistols with good results so I would think that the Krink break would do the same on the M92 since internally they are similar. My only gripe about the M92 is that it doesn't come in 5.45x39.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top