Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 3:35:09 PM EDT
Howdy!

I just bought my first AK (Arsenal SAM7 SF) - killer rifle.  Now I feel like I need an M92 PAP for nothing more than the cool factor.  Before I buy one I'd be grateful for any and all thoughts or experiences that you may have with this gun.  I have read that it's loud as hell - not a big deal.  I like the idea of the brace as it's quite similar to an SBR.

Has anyone had any problems with this gun?

Thanks in advance!!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag in, is the SB Tactical brace long enough-does anyone know the LOP?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The Pap M92 I have has been perfectly reliable . In fact it is so good I ran out and bought a M85 to keep it company. If I had a complaint it would be that if I wanted to mount an optic above the dust cover I would need to drill the and mount a rail myself. Or if you can live with it above the gas tube just replace the tube. I have had my M92 for about 3 years now and still haven't put an optic on it so it can be that important. I have taken a couple of friends out shooting that little M92 and they wind up buying one for them selves. I do like the SB tactical brace batter than the old Sig brace that I run on these but again no reason to change something that works. I also don't use the Krink break on the 92 because it doesn't need it to run reliably and I am not trying to make this longer than it has to be. If someone has a regret buying one of these little beasts I would like to here it because I have been contemplating buying another one before they stop importing them for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Fab defense makes a handguard that puts a rail over the receiver. It's a little spendy, but it's solid aluminum, supposed to be able run the optic anywhere on the rail and it will hold zero.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the optic mounted on the hinged top cover, closer to the shooter so it has a larger FOV and is away from the HOT gas tube. Having to drill the top cover is no big deal to me, I have a couple of Stormwerks rails on their way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one that I SBR'd for use as a truck gun about three years ago. I run a VZ58 side folding stock on mine along with a MI rail that mounts a Aimpoint Micro RDS atop of the hand guard. I have a Manticore Arms Nightbrake on it and it's louder than it ever should be, but it doesn't bother me because if it's ever needed it that's the least of my worries. The gun is reliable, accurate, compact, and easy to use. Every now and then it can be difficult to get a mag to seat, not sure whats going on there, but that's literally my only complaint.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top