Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2017 5:19:58 PM EDT
just bought m92 with century brace,like the looks of the blade but just would like to know how that thin blade feels on the shoulder.not that a ak pistol has a lot of recoil but it is there,just looks like that thin edge might get a little old on the shoulder after a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Couple hundred? maybe.

It's really not bad though. Shoot it and see, too late not anyways, right?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Couple hundred? maybe.

It's really not bad though. Shoot it and see, too late not anyways, right?
View Quote
don't have a blade yet,but have shot it with the factory sb style brace.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It feels fine to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
It's totally awesome! Not uncomfortable in the least.

I have a m92 & m85pv. Both have a shockwave on them.

But make sure if you do go this route OP, don't do that horrible mounting option under the pistol grip. Get a side folder mount.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely love it, unless you're going sbr this is the only way to go
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an SB47 brace on my Draco and shockwaves on several AR pistols including a 7.62x39 build.

I don't notice the SB47 being any more comfortable than the shockwave.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But make sure if you do go this route OP, don't do that horrible mounting option under the pistol grip. Get a side folder mount.
View Quote
ETA:  nevermind.  Saw the other thread.

What side folder mount did you go with?  US machinegun seems insanely expensive for what it is.  A mount for 1/3 the price of the whole gun...

I have the under grip right now, so I have the regular KAK tube and blade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What side folder mount did you go with?  US machinegun seems insanely expensive for what it is.  A mount for 1/3 the price of the whole gun...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, USMACHINEGUN .

I'm sure there's something / someone cheaper as far as folders go, but USMG is right down the road from me, so i guess it was a buy once cry once for me. I also bought the M92 from them, it already had the folder setup on it, I picked up a 2nd one for the M85 at the time of purchase.

I need to add ( because I forgot to mention it ) the folding hinge was bolted to a under the pistol grip mount type deal.

I later drilled, tapped & bolted the folding hinge directly to the rear of the receiver . Eliminating the need for the under pistol grip deal forever!
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

so how did you mount yours?not a big fan of the under grip mounts either.would rather have  direct m4 to trunnion  mount,not realy lookin for folding setup either.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Akfiles.

There's a dude that goes by the handle " Islandfocus2. "

He did a tutorial.
I just tried to find it, no luck, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

He's also a member here, but different handle I think.

But look under the Krinkov section. It's in there.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#11]
It looks MUCH BETTER than the Sig brace which I will never own, because I have 2 arms. The Sig brace was designed for someone with one arm. I don't know what it feels like in the shoulder, because I get a tax stamp for that. I use the Shock wave during the 9 month period I'm waiting for the stamp. But it looks GREAT, & costs far less than the Sig brace.  GARY
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Did the Stormwerkz setup!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I put a 150 rounds through this one last weekend just wearing a t-shirt, I could tell where I had placed the brace but not bruised.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I've found them to be pretty damn comfortable, especially on 5.45 guns:

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks for the input guys,guess I will find out soon just placed order with midway.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Blade on a US MG works folding adapter. LOVE IT!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#17]
ended uo drilling rear for cnc warrior threaded folding hinge added shockwave blade made for very nice setup.also drilled and tapped dust cover for cnc warrior rail added aimpiont h2  Midwest ind rail and magpul avg never have been able to post pics here but love this gun ,close to 1000 rds now not one malfunction with multipul types of ammo .able to hit man sized target at 200yrds no problem .
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a nice deep purple bruise after 60rds of 7.62x39, using the shockwave blade.  It felt a little tinder, but I didn’t think it was that bad.

1,000rds might be too much at one time, but as it stands now, I’m not changing it.  I can deal with a bruise here and there.

ETA:  I drilled and tapped rear trunion, and used an ACE folding adapter with KAK shockwave blade and tube.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#19]
My Pap M92 also runs the ace folder with the KAK Shockwave brace. I have never noticed any bruising or sensitivity. In fact I have just installed the KAK brace on 2 more pistols because it feels so much better than the old SIG brace.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally put my blade on a folder for my M92. Best looking pistol brace IMO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Almost a mirror image of my M85PV !
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've found them to be pretty damn comfortable, especially on 5.45 guns:

http://i.imgur.com/95qCgeg.jpg
View Quote
That’s so sweet looking!
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I modified a UTG folding mechanism.  I was going to use the pig nose i had laying around.  Instead i cut the threaded part off and drilled through the trunion.

I only got to put two mags through,  but the shockwave blade felt fine.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top