Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/29/2017 12:44:30 PM EDT
I have SBR'd a couple of AK pistols,
But would like to just pistol brace my next one.
Don't feel like using the shockwave or SIG.

Are there other approved ones on the market now?
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
SB Tactical makes a brace
KAK industries
US machine gun works sells several styles of braces. Might give them a look also.

Good to see another GA native on here!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
If we're just talking braces that slip between the grip & receiver without drilling/tapping the rear I've only seen the SB tactical braces and the US Machinegun set.

US machinegun sells just the parts or a complete setup with a shockwave brace, with or without a folding hinge. So you could purchase just the bracket and thread an AR pistol tube on the back and use any other AR brace like a Thordsen.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Gear Head Works makes the Tailhook brace which clamps onto a standard AR pistol buffer tube.
Very simple, clean installation. Price is about $100.
Just got mine, so I don't know whether I'll like it more than the Shockwave, but I like the Shockwave a lot more than the SIG brace.
FWIW, the KAK tube is a bit larger in diameter than a std. AR tube, so swapping from Shockwave to Tailhook also requires replacing the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go, these are the SB Tactical braces they make for the AK47

https://bigarmory.com/ak-47/pistol-braces.html
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an Ace side folding AR pistol buffer adaptor and SBM4 brace. I love it, its perfect.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd really like a an AK "Pistol" with the standard rear tang so I can add a Rife Dynamics Ak/AR buffer adapter, then add a Shockwave or a Gear Head Works.

I hate the idea of the mount that slips between Grip and the Receiver, just seems like a hokie way of attaching. Decent improvisation, not great permanent engineering IMO.

Anyone know of a better attachment method, or where AK pistols can be had with the standard TANG.?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Drill and tap the rear for a folder or castle nut adapter. Measure 10 times drill once.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top