Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 10:36:33 PM EDT
Anyone get a stamp back for theirs? Hoping to see some pics.
I was late sending mine in (two weeks ago), but figured someone must have one at this point.
I still haven't seen or heard anything about availability of IWI stocks though. I may just try to send mine off and use an original galil stock when I get approved.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is my setup.  Wanted something that was closer to a micro galil.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Orignal Micro galil forend dropped right in, or did it take modification to fit?
View Quote
They fit but it was not an exact drop in.  The micro galil handguard were really tight on the ace so I had to build a spreader using a coupling nut and screw.  I'll post some pics of what I did.

I used a handguard with no heat shield because I didn't want to deal with the ears on the top but I bet it will work too.

Make shift tool to help spread out the polymer

The bottom coupling nut should fit between the middle section, but since this was the heatshield handguard I would have to modify it some more to fit.  Once you get it in between you just use a screw driver and loosen the screw so it expands in the nut.  The second coupling nut will help hold the handguard apart when you knock out the bottom one.

I hope that helps.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here is my setup.  Wanted something that was closer to a micro galil.

https://instagram.flas1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/18879562_180558095807999_3324308084423131136_n.jpg
View Quote
Man, that looks great. Really makes me want to ditch the polymer lower and do the original gall grip. Did you replace the mag release and all that yourself too?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Man, that looks great. Really makes me want to ditch the polymer lower and do the original gall grip. Did you replace the mag release and all that yourself too?
View Quote
Yeah got a replacement mag release and trigger guard from a person on the akfiles.  I had a friend help me using his 12ton press and park tank to finish the pieces that were in the white.  If you have put in an AK trigger guard it is pretty much the same process.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top