Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 12:59:57 AM EDT
I put up a video review of the CAI Draco C.  I talk about build quality, accuracy, fit and finish, mag wobble, and a couple small problems.  I prefer this model over the M92 and provide my thoughts on (crappy) AK ergonomics.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Here's my Draco with the Magpul AKM Moe handguard which does have a cut out for the sling mount.  I believe US Palm or Midwest makes a recessed rail for several different red dots that allow you to see your irons.  My PA red dot holds zero although I can barely see the very top of my irons.  I used to have a brace on it but it weighed right around 10 lbs. plus loaded with an Ultimax handguard.  Now it weighs 7 lbs. 14.8 ozs. in this configuration with a loaded mag.  6 lbs. 2 ozs. unloaded.  These Croatian bolt hold open mags fit very snug and some need a little work to get them to fit properly.  I would much rather have a snug fit than a wobbly mag.  I can't believe how high the prices have gone up on these...think I paid 335.00 about 9 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I like that Magpul AKM handguard, I didn't know they made one with the cut out!

Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Draco C without underfolder is waste of Draco C

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Wish these were still $300 to $400. I have wanted one for ever. One of my favorite AK variants. Wanted one to be able to SBR it. Now they are $700 minimum with a stupid brace i dont want.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Draco C without underfolder is waste of Draco C

View Quote
I AGREE 100%
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
This one has over 12k rounds through it.

Just strip the enamel off and repaint it once a year.

Attachment Attached File

In fancy shoes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Finslayer ,What type of muzzle brake is on your gun ?
View Quote
Damage industries 2port brake. It's short and effective, a solid $25-30 bucks. I've tried all sorts of muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Damage industries 2port brake. It's short and effective, a solid $25-30 bucks. I've tried all sorts of muzzle devices.
View Quote
I like the size of that brake... might have to try one out.

What do you use to strip down your Draco before repainting?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top