Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/14/2017 6:08:36 PM EDT
Finally got around to working on my mM92 sbr. I really wanted it to have a fixed wood stock. I already have to folder ak sbr. But the work to convert the rear grunion was going to cost more than I paid for the gun. And I have been sitting in the stamp for almost a year. Not to mention the wait time at the gun smith.  Then I found usmachinegun had a fixed version of the pistol grip adapter!

So I ordered one plus a pair of surplus stocks from apex figuring I would mess one up learning. One was pretty nice and ready to experiment with. The other may be nice but I think its covered in 12 lbs of cosmo so I wrapped it back up and tossed it in the parts bin hoping I dont need it.

15 minutes with a drill and my saw and it came out well. And about 20% the cost of shipping it out.  

Still need to refinish the wood and contour it a bit where it meets the adapter.  And I have a tang that will be cut to fit in the top to look right later.

But for now its shootable as an sbr finally.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Kool!
I like it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Finally got around to working on my mM92 sbr. I really wanted it to have a fixed wood stock. I already have to folder ak sbr. But the work to convert the rear grunion was going to cost more than I paid for the gun. And I have been sitting in the stamp for almost a year. Not to mention the wait time at the gun smith.  Then I found usmachinegun had a fixed version of the pistol grip adapter!

So I ordered one plus a pair of surplus stocks from apex figuring I would mess one up learning. One was pretty nice and ready to experiment with. The other may be nice but I think its covered in 12 lbs of cosmo so I wrapped it back up and tossed it in the parts bin hoping I dont need it.

15 minutes with a drill and my saw and it came out well. And about 20% the cost of shipping it out.  

Still need to refinish the wood and contour it a bit where it meets the adapter.  And I have a tang that will be cut to fit in the top to look right later.

But for now its shootable as an sbr finally.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/211511/20170414-164534-187374.JPG
View Quote

Do you have anymore pictures of the now SBR? In particular where the stock and adapter meet and where the grip attaches.

How solid is the stock?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:06:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Ill take a couple when I get home in the morning.

Its pretty solid short of clubbing some one with it like a baseball bat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

A little bit of overhang. Maybe a different stock would be narrower.

Attachment Attached File

Probably not very noticeable unless you were looking for it.

Attachment Attached File

Still have to cut and fit a bit of tang to go here.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top