Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 4:27:22 AM EDT
I've posted before regarding my experiences with a Mini Draco running a SDN-6.  It's over gassed to hell and outruns most magazines except for Bulgarian Polymer Waffle Mags.

Anyway, I have played around with fresh magazines springs and a stronger Wolff recoil spring, during which I shot at most 300 rounds suppressed.  Probably closer to 200 rounds.  I only noticed the damage due to rattling noises because a piece had broken off the spacer.

Take a look at the pics, gun has since been repaired.  Open for suggestions on how to reduce the gas.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, maybe weld up the receiver. Maybe pull off the gas block and weld up the gas hole in the barrel and re-drill it smaller.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
If ever an AK needed adjustable gas it's yours
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
damn bud sorry to see that, I tell everyone who plans to suppress their AK to find a way to reduce/bypass the gas pressure or their trunnion will end up looking like yours.I went the cheap/ easy route and just let the gas bypass the piston via slots I put into the skirt. sure it gets dirty but its not a big deal to me.  here's a pic of my piston, obviously the number and depth of the cuts will depend on how overgassed it is.

ETA: I'm not familiar with the mini draco, is that the one that runs the buffer on the recoil spring?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
More of a spacer than a buffer since its delrin and just transmits the shock into the trunnion.  I replaced it with a thick rubber buffer I had lying around.

Does the gun run unsuppressed with those slots in the piston?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More of a spacer than a buffer since its delrin and just transmits the shock into the trunnion.  I replaced it with a thick rubber buffer I had lying around.

Does the gun run unsuppressed with those slots in the piston?
View Quote

Nope, I have another carrier with an unmodified piston to run unsuppressed. with AK's there's no middle ground. to get it running suppressed without beating itself to death unfortunately means you wont be able to run without the can on.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top