Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/30/2016 11:32:30 AM EDT
I have a M85NP that I have always shot with the 4-piece Bulgarian brake. I read somewhere that one reason it was developed was to provide some back-pressure to reliably send the bolt back home when shooting the underpowered Russian 223, particularly in cold-weather environments. Question I have is how necessary is it? I would like to get something lighter like a birdgage F/H. I was wondering how much backpressure might be created by installing a 1/2-28 thread adapter with the standard AR birdcage on that. The adapter screwed onto the M26L threads at the end of the barrel would create a small cavity which might provide some of the backpressure created by the 4-pc Bulgy brake. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you shot it without the bulgy 4-piece? I dont think the back-pressure thing has much to do with it, at least in semi-auto.  Russians/bulgarians dont traditionally use 223/556 so would not invest in making a muzzle device to increase the back-pressure for that round...maybe in 5.45, but I thought a back-pressure problem with 5.45 was an internet rumor...not an expert though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
With the M85 it is less necessary than the M92 and surplus rifles. The M85 gas system was made specifically for the 223/5.56 round and will function just fine with steel cased 223.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top