BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/2/2016 7:46:26 PM EDT
Already done a Draco and PAP SBR.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=98&t=156583

I am now ready to do a 5.56 AR mag one.

I prefer real stocks that are attached vs the adapters that go under the pistol grip.

Shoot me, but I have only done VZ58 stocks so far.  
Not interested in any of the AR stock on an AK options.

Want to make sure I am not missing any nice, light, metal AK options out right now.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How far are you willing to go? IMO putting a real stock on a PAP involves replacing the rear trunnion. I'm almost done swapping the rear trunnions in my M85PV and my M92 to 4.5mm folding stock trunnion, it's a lot of work and I have about $200 in tooling to do the job but in the end it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I uses a Stormworkz hinge and a Manticore stock. Works well, looks like a Krink to the casual observer. Price was reasonable and installation simple. I'd go the same route again.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The Stormworkz hinge is the easiest, several stocks you can place on it. I do like the Manitcore one.

I swapped trunions on mine and went with the Magpul Yugo Zhukov.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top