Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2016 11:46:11 AM EDT
First time using duracoat. Used the Aerosol kit in Combat Gray and I'm very happy with how it turned.

Stripped the receiver of whatever black gunk it was coated with, came off with little effort. Wire wheeled some tricky spots and sanded everything with 380 grit. Anodized parts were scuffed with 600grit. Cleaned everything with generous amounts of 3m Brake cleaner and then wiped everything down with automotive paint prep.  Hung in the garage and Sprayed.

The can-in-can aerosol worked very well and sprayed smooth. It comes with an extra spray button which was nice as it clogged mid second coat. Everything got 3 coat, top part of rail ended up getting 5 as it had some wierd spots that were hard to get.

I let it hang for two days and then sit for 1 week before reassembly. Got back together with no scratches but I'm going to wait a month before I take it out to the range.

Overall I'm very happy for a total cost of about $60 (including all the brake cleaner I bought)

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good - subtle, but good.
I too have had very good experiences with the Duracoat Aerosol product.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Great job, Duracoat seems to be a good product. I have used it on several applications.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Looks really nice.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top