Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2016 9:38:48 PM EDT
I picked up two m85's for me and my girlfriend. I plan on doing them both as sbrs. I'm wondering what stcocks you guys are running? I want something standard length for mine and something short for her.  Any and all help will be much appreciated.
" />
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally for and SBR'd AKs I like either the Russian folding triangle stock or the folding polymer stock
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I am liking the sidefolder as well but I was hoping to use a triangle as well but After looking around I'm not sure anymore. If it didn't have this magwell I'd keep iit all oldschool with the wood. I like the look of this one from Obviously operator.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats just a CTR on a stormwerks hinge I believe. Plus if you want that same color, you'd have to dye it
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Easy conversion, part is now harder to find, but it came out really nice.......................................

M85 with a Yugo rear trunion, rocking a Magpul Yugo Zhukov. Manticore handguard with optic mount, Surefire scout and perm muzzle device till I can get paper done.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Easy conversion, part is now harder to find, but it came out really nice.......................................

M85 with a Yugo rear trunion, rocking a Magpul Yugo Zhukov. Manticore handguard with optic mount, Surefire scout and perm muzzle device till I can get paper done.

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/cyclicm16/IMAG06621_zps4hibiykm.jpg

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/cyclicm16/IMAG0648_zpsotdmeq5q.jpg

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/cyclicm16/IMAG0651_zpsiagmjlzi.jpg
View Quote

Thats sexy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Go with what the factory intended, just might take you a while to find a kit...

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure an underfolder is possible with the magazine well of the M85's he bought.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not sure an underfolder is possible with the magazine well of the M85's he bought.
View Quote

Why wouldn't it be?  You can fold the stock on mine with a 30 round mag inserted...
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thats just a CTR on a stormwerks hinge I believe. Plus if you want that same color, you'd have to dye it
View Quote

Looks like a CNC Warrior threaded hinge.

ETA: And of course, out of stock like a mofo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked again and your right, not sure why I thought it was a stormwerks
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it be?  You can fold the stock on mine with a 30 round mag inserted...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the AR15 magazine well of the M85 is wider then the 7.62x39 magazine. It would work 100% with an older M85 that uses 5.56 AK magazines, but I'm not sure it works with the magwell of the newer M85's.

ETA: Still haven't found a pic of one with the magwell and underfolder, but of the regular ones I'm seeing it does look like it might work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Because the AR15 magazine well of the M85 is wider then the 7.62x39 magazine. It would work 100% with an older M85 that uses 5.56 AK magazines, but I'm not sure it works with the magwell of the newer M85's.

ETA: Still haven't found a pic of one with the magwell and underfolder, but of the regular ones I'm seeing it does look like it might work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it's wider than a mag, but not wider than the receiver which the underfolder arms definitely clear.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Yugo underfolder kit (no trunnion) if OP is interested. I'm going with the VZ58 stock. It looks perfect, and mounts easily.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#14]
OAL really doesn't matter but I put 28.5" on my M85
Stamp pending something like April 06
I just bought a US Machinegun billet stock. I like the look and will pair well with a stormwerkz hinge
The wasr with manticore triangle is also pending

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Go with what the factory intended, just might take you a while to find a kit...

<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/hadriel_photos/media/Guns/CEB44B0E-247E-46A2-924C-F919BE8D4E79.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa71/hadriel_photos/Guns/CEB44B0E-247E-46A2-924C-F919BE8D4E79.jpg</a>
View Quote

2X what TX said
I looked at different stock op and decided to go with the right stock, and it turned out to be the cheapest. Took me 3 days to find the stock
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top