Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2016 2:13:29 PM EDT
I've looked at a few different sites that list fake cans to make the M92 a carbine while waiting for sign off on form1. Most are north of $50. That seems high for something that is likely to be temporary.

Anyone have some direction on an affordable means of making the 16-17" so that I can use a stock now?

(or have one in their parts bin?)
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not build the kit as a pistol first instead?
View Quote

Sorry- I'm a recent return to AK's, so this is a PAP M92 pistol that I'm going to SBR. I'd like to install and pin a 7" fake can on, so I can mount a stock, then remove the fake can once my form 1 is approved. so it's already built, but IMO, it's near useless without a stock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
U.S. Machine gun has them for around 60 bucks, the cheapest I could find.

If your in the market for a form 1 can you could always buy the pieces from SD tactical to make your own can and attach it "permanently" with no baffles. I'm not sure of the legality of it (you may have to tack weld the tube and end caps so you couldn't easily put baffles in), but it would kill two birds with one stone.

When you decided to make your own can/got your paperwork back you would just have to dremal the tack welds off and throw 5 bucks worth of freeze plugs in the tube.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wait for your stamp to come back. In order to comply with the law you'll need to drill through the combo FSB and into the barrel. Just doesn't seem worth it so you can put a stock on it for a little while before you get your permission slip.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If your in the market for a form 1 can you could always buy the pieces from SD tactical to make your own can and attach it "permanently" with no baffles. I'm not sure of the legality of it (you may have to tack weld the tube and end caps so you couldn't easily put baffles in), but it would kill two birds with one stone.
View Quote

To my knowledge the tube cannot be hollow. It would need to be solid or have a full length inner tube. Don't quote me on that, however.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy one for $50'use it then resell it for $40.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

To my knowledge the tube cannot be hollow. It would need to be solid or have a full length inner tube. Don't quote me on that, however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is incorrect. I am using a a extended 4 piece flash hider to bring my 105 to legal length. It can be hollow or solid as long as it brings it to length.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is incorrect. I am using a a extended 4 piece flash hider to bring my 105 to legal length. It can be hollow or solid as long as it brings it to length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to look it up. I thought for sure I saw a letter on it. At the same time, letters don't really mean shit. So I guess the point is moot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like a terrible idea IMHO
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are talking about a hollow can, not an open ended one.

I *think* one of the .22 manufacturers got jammed up a while back because although the barrel went the length of the fake suppressor, there was like a minute gap at the exit end and ATF had a shit fit.

But I could be wrong
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top