Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/2/2016 5:34:00 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick up a AK-47 SBR. Read the article on in recoil recently on the Century C39v2 SBR. Liked pretty much everything about it minus the optic attachment mounted to the side. BUT, I know century has had a bad reputation and catches heck sometimes. I've heard they have improved. Not looking for a 2grand AK, but don't want a problem either. Without getting on the Bash Wagon, can anyone chime in on current models or atleast this one since it's the one I'm interested in. I'd be open to suggestions on other "budget quality" AK SBR's too.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're not against grabbing a pistol and doing a form 1, I'd go with a Draco or an M92. Both are in the $500 range and you'd be able to customize it yourself. Only issue I'd see going this route is if you really want that magpul stock you'd have to change out the rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're not against grabbing a pistol and doing a form 1, I'd go with a Draco or an M92. Both are in the $500 range and you'd be able to customize it yourself. Only issue I'd see going this route is if you really want that magpul stock you'd have to change out the rear trunnion.
View Quote

I second this. I have a M85 sbr and a m92 that is still in pistol form. You can have a complete sbr for around $900 total with gun stamp and stock. Dracos use standard ak furniture while the Yugo M92s use specific hand guards and grips. The M92 is pretty close to a real Krink and for $500 you can't beat it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
SLR 107(?) I think and a hacksaw when the stamp comes back. Easy button way but costs a little more. I have a SLR 104 already done this way. The m92 I have a stamp on is still waiting for me to find time and $ for bits to complete.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Your choices of a form 4 factory sbr is really only going to leave you with the Century and/ or higher end makes like Arsenal(rare but some are out there) Krebs or Rifle Dynamics.  The Century milled guns are not as bad as the RAS47, from what I've read no personal experience.  Some have replaced the guts of the C39V2 with bulgarian bolt and carrier and feel that they are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I got mine from Mississippi Auto Arms great work and cant beat the price for an sbr .
http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/mobile.php?main_page=index&cPath=796&zenid=beeba48040cdc91301d292176b57719b
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top