Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2016 11:32:57 AM EDT
Well it took me almost two years total but it is finally finished.  I bought a new PAP M92 pistol almost two years ago and was able to find a genuine yugo underfolder kit to go with it, after debating doing the mill work myself I finally decided to send it off and let a professional handle it.  

The form one was approved late last year and I sent it off to JBI Armory in April.  They quoted 6-8 weeks for the work and hit it right on the money.  I had them install the underfolder kit, mill the gas block threads off and thread the barrel.  Here's what you all clicked this thread for, pics!

I could not be happier with the way it turned out, it is a ton of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice stick man, I regret not building a pap m92 sbr before 41p.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have really mixed feeling about this.

I have this same gun and I just bought a Bulgarian side folder for it. You have me wanting to put an UF on it, that looks NICE!

Also, why machine the gas block?

How much did everything cost you?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have really mixed feeling about this.

I have this same gun and I just bought a Bulgarian side folder for it. You have me wanting to put an UF on it, that looks NICE!

Also, why machine the gas block?

How much did everything cost you?
View Quote

I probably would have done a triangle side folder had I not found a yugo underfolder kit (these are unobtanium now, and was rare and expensive almost two years ago when I bought it).  The gas block threads are something like 26mm and somewhat limits your muzzle device choices, they are also notoriously bad with respect to bore alignment and I wanted to be sure I could safely suppress this gun.  

The PAP pistol host was fairly cheap but I can't remember an exact cost ($400ish comes to mind but I honestly can't remember), the stock kit was expensive as I said before at around $90, $200 to the NFA, and approx $400 for the gun smithing work by JBI armory.  So total around $1100.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool. They did a nice job with the stock.

My M92 has its tax stamp but I'm still debating how I want to do the stock. Would prefer fixed with a rear trunnion replacement since I already have a Polish UF.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I said it was finished but now that I look around the TWS dogleg top cover is looking mighty tempting...
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks great!
My PAP has been pending since 2-2-16
I'm going with the mantacore triangle folder since I did an underfolder stock on my Draco C
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Makes me wonder...could you convert an under folder NPAP by adding an M92 gas block and chopping the barrel?  That would seem to be easier than replacing the trunion.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag - I have a UF stock for mine as well...I'm trying to decide if I would be better off buying an NDS sidefolder receiver for mine and having it rebuilt as a sidefolder, since it apparently can't easily be done on mine, with the serial number on the front of the receiver...
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!
I'm not a big fan of the fatty M76 grips, but still very pretty.

I have a couple underfolder assemblies that I believe are Polish that I was planning to use but I'm beginning to think that I should just form 1 my N-PAP df and swap the front end with my M92, and then put a side folder on the M92 receiver/N-PAP df front end.
The M92 just looks right with the underfolder. Especially the Yugo style of stock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#10]
That thing is just sexy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I said it was finished but now that I look around the TWS dogleg top cover is looking mighty tempting...
View Quote

I have one on mine and I'm pretty happy with it:

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ScoutH57/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160608_115253.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/ScoutH57/Mobile%20Uploads/20160608_115253.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/ScoutH57/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160608_115253.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/ScoutH57/Mobile%20Uploads/20160608_115253.jpg</a>

I shot mine suppressed a bit, is there a good way to reduce the gas coming from the top cover latch and going straight in your eye?  Also the bolt speed on mine while suppressed is pretty insane, something to worry about?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I shot mine suppressed a bit, is there a good way to reduce the gas coming from the top cover latch and going straight in your eye?  Also the bolt speed on mine while suppressed is pretty insane, something to worry about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get a lot of gas coming back at me, I don't know if it's because the TWS top cover is a little bit tighter seal/happens to redirect the gas away from my face as much.

It doesn't run the unknown brass surplus stuff I have very well suppressed but seems to be just fine with most Wolf and TULA, especially the Tula as it seems to be loaded a little "light". It's still loud as hell to me suppressed.

ETA: I bet you could put a little RTV silicon in some cracks, make your own gas buster dust cover.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't get a lot of gas coming back at me, I don't know if it's because the TWS top cover is a little bit tighter seal/happens to redirect the gas away from my face as much.

It doesn't run the unknown brass surplus stuff I have very well suppressed
but seems to be just fine with most Wolf and TULA, especially the Tula as it seems to be loaded a little "light". It's still loud as hell to me suppressed.

ETA: I bet you could put a little RTV silicon in some cracks, make your own gas buster dust cover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't run the unknown brass surplus stuff I have very well suppressed
but seems to be just fine with most Wolf and TULA, especially the Tula as it seems to be loaded a little "light". It's still loud as hell to me suppressed.

Is that stuff corrosive?  How do you deal with cleaning the suppressor?

Are you sure it isn't Yugo?  Are there any headstamp markings?  I recall some mystery brass-cased ? Iranian ammo years ago that came in plastic battlepacks and wooden crates.  

Sorry for all the questions.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]
It's non corrosive.

Occasionally if I'm not sure about the ammo I'm using I'll chuck the can in the ultrasonic cleaner.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's non corrosive.

Occasionally if I'm not sure about the ammo I'm using I'll chuck the can in the ultrasonic cleaner.
View Quote

Got it.  I know Yugo is corrosive, but I forgot that there is some U.S. and Finnish 7.62X39 that is both brass-cased and non-corrosive.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top