Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/12/2016 9:43:11 AM EDT
After waiting 75 days I received a disapproval form 1 for my Draco late last night. How convenient... just hours before the new law.

Says inaccurate model designation and to ensure complete serial # is provided.

I'm looking at the page with the stamped "disapproved" and in the box is the same serial # that's on the gun. As for the designation I guess I picked Draco-ak47 which should have been just Draco??

Anyway, I've been trying to log on to their site to make these "correction" all morning but the site is down. Called ATF and they said they have no idea when site will be back up and I should submitted a paper form postmarked today to avoid the new 41p law.

Had them transfer me to the examiner and of course no answer with a full mailbox.

No time to paper file today, as I have to leave for work in 20 minutes. Completely frustrated with this entire process.

Anyone want to buy a Draco Pistol with ~250 rounds down range??
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It boggles my mind how people can let their mailbox get full and then not bother to pick up.  I see it all the freaking time in the army with desk jockeys.  Like come on guys, people need you.  Do your freaking job.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I have always just used what is engraved on the receiver? Seems pretty simple to me.

I've never seen or heard of a model "draco-ak47" engraved on a Draco.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read a few cases in the Armory section where people email Ted Clutter and he fixes the issue in 24-48 hrs or so. Might pop in there and see about that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've read a few cases in the Armory section where people email Ted Clutter and he fixes the issue in 24-48 hrs or so. Might pop in there and see about that.
View Quote
Correct your form, Email Ted Clutter with the control number and you might just get squared away. On my form it's Serial number DR-0000-00-RO and DRACO for the model name. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Any updates op?  You should still have access to your eform 1 to make changes you just cant start a new eform 1.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any updates op?  You should still have access to your eform 1 to make changes you just cant start a new eform 1.
View Quote

Nope.
I can access my form, but it wont let me edit it. When I called customer service they told me only paper forms can be edited.

I do have an email out to Mr. Clutter, but seriously doubt he's going to be able to help me with this.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
You efiled correct? Uncle Ted fixes efiles for people all the time. I would correct the forms and email them to him.

Side note if you don't get it corrected, its really not a big deal to file post-41p.

Just request the finger print cards from the ATF, in fact go do it now. When you get them take two of them to your local PD and ask them to finger print you. Go to Wal-greens and get a sheet of passport photos and then fill out the responsible parties form. If you have a Trust and you don't want to dick with everyone doing all of that, remove everyone, submit the new form and then re-add them after the fact.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ironic that a guy with the last name of Clutter is the one who manages to untangle paperwork problems.

Good to know someone in the system is willing to help out people with the paperwork problems, good on him.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Yeah, I thought that was pretty ironic too.

I've yet to hear back from him, but when/if I do, I'll let everyone know.

As of now, I'm actually kind of over it.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top