Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2016 12:12:01 AM EDT
So everyone pretty much knows that the stock sights on the m92 pap are shitty. I was looking for something to replace the front post that would make the iron sights more usable. I found xs ak stripe front post which looks like it will be much more visible on my m92. My question is are all ak front post the same, and will this sight work on m92? If not what are some ideas to make irons on my SBR'd m92 more usable? I have searched but couldn't find anything definitive.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it will fit. I have one on my M92 SBR. It is taller than the OEM sight post though. I can't tell you if it is too tall to be useful with the rear sight, because I cut my rear sight off. I installed a picatinny rail and an aperture rear sight on mine. I'd guess the OEM rear sight would be fine. Like I said though, it's a guess.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I recommend blacking out the sights first and giving that a try. Once I removed the white paint from the rear sight, the groups tightened up dramatically.

With the white paint right up against your face, the eye struggles to focus on the front sight, instead shifting back and forth between the rear notch and the front post. I found that the sights were perfectly usable once the paint was gone.

Of course, if you're in the camp of "AK sights suck" and find you are generally unable to use them, then you'll need to throw some money at the problem.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I should have not presented it the way I did. I don't think that all AK sights suck. I have been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun and have experience with many different weapons and sights. This is my first AK though so I know it will take some getting used to. I am willing to put some money into it since I SBR'd it but if I can't improve it somehow then I'm sure I will get used to the sights with more practice.

ETA: riotsuit do you have any pictures of your M92? If so could you post em up?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Here you go. There is a bunch of custom metal work in this carbine, though it's not all immediately obvious. I would list it out, but i don't want to hijack the thread. Staying on point, the pic rail I installed in place of the rear sight is visible in this image.

Edit: No idea why the embedded link isn't working. Here is the URL https://imgur.com/5PmLDPl
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top