Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2016 1:08:14 AM EDT
Greetings.

Curious is someone could confirm the barrel diameter on a Zastava/CAI PAP M92.

Not the 26x1.5 LT threads that are on the gas block/front sight... but the actual diameter of the barrel underneath.

Going to be milling off the threaded sleeve from the gas block, and threadding the actual barrel underneath.  Trying to determine if 5/8x24 is an option... or if I'll need to stick with the 14x1LH standard AK threads.

Want to permanently attach a Surefire SOCOM flash hinder, so that I can use my Surefire can.

Thanks,

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I just went and measured mine, got .592
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a professional barrel threading guy recommend 1/2x28.

I don't think you can get it to 5/8×24.

I don't know anything about machining though, just what I was told.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you very much for the measurement!

I was lucky enough to find an AK thread (14x1 LH) Surefire 3-prong and have it on the way.

I KNOW the barrel is big enough for those threads, and I ideally wanted to keep it relatively 'Eastern bloc original', if that makes sense. Just thought it would be a massive PITA to find the Surefire.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top