Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 11:05:53 PM EDT
Played with the M92 today and was ringing a 12" wide X 16" tall torso plate at 354 yards with little difficulty (Target is about 50ft higher up the grade in elevation).  I'm very impressed by the practical accuracy you can get out of these things.  I was honestly skeptical when I was making the hike out but the M92 surprised me.  I was holding just over the "head" and was hitting a little low as you can see (target had fresh paint when I started).

My shooting position was just behind the vehicle in the distance; distance was measured with a Nikon laser range finder.  I was shooting from a prone, unsupported position.  I shot one 20rd mag and hit about 13-14 times.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet rig.  What dust cover is that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet rig.  What dust cover is that?
View Quote

It's the dust cover that comes with the gun with a Stormwerkz Fast Fire 3 RDS mount.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool.  What ammo did you use in your 25 yard as well as this 350+ example?  

I'm using a T1 on an Ultimak on mine and have been pleasantly surprised as well.  Just added Thorntail SBR light mount to mine.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 2,000rds of Wolf WPA 123gr Hollow Points and have been exclusively been shooting that.  So far I have no complaints about the ammo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an M85NP and I've shot it to 402 yards and have also been very impressed from a 10" barrel.  I am using Aimpoint T1 and it's pretty cool being able to shot that far with a pistol.

I'm going to try 600 yards this Spring/Summer.  I honestly didn't think I could get to 400 yards with a 10" barrel, so this pistol has far exceeded my expectations.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried my M85 at distance yet, but my 11.5 AR SBR hits reliably at 500 no problem.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I haven't tried my M85 at distance yet, but my 11.5 AR SBR hits reliably at 500 no problem.
View Quote

Right on. I built a 10.5" AR pistol as well but I find the M92 is a lot more fun to shoot in general and the ammo is pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah the first time I had my M92 with PA micro out to over 200yd, I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, it shoots like a laser.

I've heard some say that the short barrels seem to resist a lot of the barrel flex that seems to happen with the AK.

Above all else the hinged dust covers on the PAP pistols seem to be a solid mounting surface. Always returns to zero. Seems like it would've been smart for Zastava to just do it from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah the first time I had my M92 with PA micro out to over 200yd, I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, it shoots like a laser.

I've heard some say that the short barrels seem to resist a lot of the barrel flex that seems to happen with the AK.

Above all else the hinged dust covers on the PAP pistols seem to be a solid mounting surface. Always returns to zero. Seems like it would've been smart for Zastava to just do it from the factory.
View Quote

I've opened and closed mine plenty of times now and haven't experienced a shift in zero.  Wish it came with a railed dust cover from the factory.  Drilling it for the RDS mount was a bit&%.  One of the holes needed to be drilled through one of the tack welds and I went through three drill bits for the one hole haha.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't feel bad. I did mine before I had a drill press and ended up with two of the holes wandering, and had to adjust them a bit with a round file.  It's very hard steel.The rail is extremely solid and has never moved - I used red loctite and also staked the screw heads through the rail section with a small center punch - but I know that the screw up is there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
good shooting man.  nice sbr....pistol
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's mine. It's a blast.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't feel bad. I did mine before I had a drill press and ended up with two of the holes wandering, and had to adjust them a bit with a round file.  It's very hard steel.The rail is extremely solid and has never moved - I used red loctite and also staked the screw heads through the rail section with a small center punch - but I know that the screw up is there.
View Quote

I used a hand drill haha
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here's mine. It's a blast.

<a href="http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/jestertooo/media/A77DB209-ED3B-4FA9-B35A-F08B150DF1A1_zps05500ons.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s484/jestertooo/A77DB209-ED3B-4FA9-B35A-F08B150DF1A1_zps05500ons.jpg</a>
View Quote

Great looking rifle man!  One of these days when I quit moving so much I'll probably SBR the M92.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#15]
What stock adapter did you go with? Ive been looking for one but USMG is "BACK ORDER ONLY".
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What stock adapter did you go with? Ive been looking for one but USMG is "BACK ORDER ONLY".
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=4&f=98&t=160882

Scroll down to my second post in the thread for the parts list.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top