Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 1:26:31 PM EDT
I just got my tax stamp approved and I am going with the Manticore Triangle and a Stormwerks Hinge...my question is whether I need to get a Wild Bill shim too? Or will the stock angle be ok with just the triangle stock and hinge? I really like the Zhukov stocks but I'm not sure I'm handy enough to do the trunnion replacement.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get the stormwerkz shim. It's a lot less expensive than the wild bill one. Look at my post below this one for the part number. You will need a shim if you don't want the stock at an angle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get the stormwerkz shim. It's a lot less expensive than the wild bill one. Look at my post below this one for the part number. You will need a shim if you don't want the stock at an angle.
View Quote

this! also usmachinegun makes a triangle stock that's a little cheaper then the Manticore US Machinegun stock
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The stock angle is perfect without a shim at all.

I have the exact setup you mention and love it.

It was designed to be used without a shim.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If you prefer a chin weld don't use a shim.  If you prefer a cheek weld use a shim.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you prefer a chin weld don't use a shim.  If you prefer a cheek weld use a shim.
View Quote

If you're the type of guy who wants to put an AR stock and an optic on everything, use the shim.

If you plan on using AK type/inspired stocks and intend to run the irons, you don't need a shim.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably try it without the shim at first. If it seems wrong I think I can always put one in. I may put an optic at some point but I'm not sure. How does the USMACHINEGUN triangle stock compare to the Manticore? The Manticore is backordered.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd plan on running an RDS. Performance of irons pales in comparison, especially AK irons.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
If nothing else, get the double-nut thingy that fits inside the receiver and essentially through-bolts the stock hinge. Wild bill sells them. Well worth the $.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Linky for the Wild Bill adapter.  Also, anyone happen to know if an Ace 1 inch pad will fit on the Manticore or US Machinegun stock?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top