Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 11:56:51 AM EDT
I finally got around to installing some KAK and Sormerkz products on my M92 and could not be happier with the result.  I installed the Stormwerks AR buffer type folding hinge and shim along with the KAK buffer tube and blade brace.  It is solid, fits great and the shim is at the correct angle.  When it is folded, it doesn't interfere with the operation of the firearm at all.

I am even more happy with the Stormwerks Fastfire Mount for my FF3 though.  I used to have the RDS mounted on a picatinny adapter on the dust cover but it sat too high; I'd have to do a chin weld rather than a cheek weld.  The Stormwerks adapter is actually notched so it hugs the 1m wide band of metal the rear iron site is a part of.  The site now sits low enough to provide an absolute co-witness with the irons.  PERFECTION.  If anyone has any questions about the setup hit me up.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the setup I want. Tag for more info
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a rundown of my parts thus far:

- Stormwerkz AR Stock Folding Mechanism # SFM-AR-01
- Stormwerkz Yugo M92/M85 Tapered Shim # SHIM-M92-01
- KAK SHOCKWAVE PACKAGE - BLACK
- Stormwerkz Yugoslavian M92/M85 Mount, FastFire # SM-M92-02
- Burris Fast Fire 3
- Midwest Industries Rail # MI-AK-YK
- MAGPUL AK Grip

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that 20rnd mag compatible with the last round bolt hold open feature ? If so where can I get one ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that 20rnd mag compatible with the last round bolt hold open feature ? If so where can I get one ?
View Quote

The M92 does not have a LRBHO feature, like the M64 or PSL.  Most people use LRBHO magazines in it but the bolt will not stay open when you remove the magazine.  They make followers that can make any magazine a LRBHO magazine.  I am sure there is a way to modify the m92 with a PSL or m64 type LRBHO but I have never seen it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a LRBHO mag. You can buy followers to convert them though. Only mags I have that will hold the bolt open are the two 30rd ones that came with the pistol
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
OP did you actually get a M92 with non canted sights (unicorn), or have you not had a chance to sight it in yet?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP did you actually get a M92 with non canted sights (unicorn), or have you not had a chance to sight it in yet?
View Quote

You be the judge.  These groups were made right after each other, one using RDS one using the irons at 25 yards.  For reference, the stickers are 3/4" in size.  RDS was hitting about 1/2" to the right compared to the irons.  After adjusting the FF3 two clicks left, they are impacting in the same area.  That amount of adjustment wasn't even perceivable as far as the dot being "lollipoped" on the front post.  For the ranges the pistol is intended, it's well within my margin of error as a shooter without magnification.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice, I looked at several at LGS and they all had badly canted dust cover/rear sight blocks. I ordered a couple off grabagun and they had the same issues as the others I looked at, albeit not as bad. I did a search at akfiles and found out it's a common issue so I ended up fixing it myself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice, I looked at several at LGS and they all had badly canted dust cover/rear sight blocks. I ordered a couple off grabagun and they had the same issues as the others I looked at, albeit not as bad. I did a search at akfiles and found out it's a common issue so I ended up fixing it myself.
View Quote

Wow glad mine isn't too bad. How did you fix the issue?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
punched the pin out of the bottom of the rear sight block, put the pistol in my barrel vise and use a wrench on the bottom side and straightened it out. then drilled out the existing pin hole slightly larger and installed the corresponding pin. it took an hour to do going slow but it's worth it, it bothered the crap out of me looking through the sights and having the front sight post drifted all the way to the left.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
punched the pin out of the bottom of the rear sight block, put the pistol in my barrel vise and use a wrench on the bottom side and straightened it out. then drilled out the existing pin hole slightly larger and installed the corresponding pin. it took an hour to do going slow but it's worth it, it bothered the crap out of me looking through the sights and having the front sight post drifted all the way to the left.
View Quote

Right on. Knowing me; I'd probably end up doing more harm than good if I attempted that
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top