Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2015 11:32:27 AM EDT
I put another Pap M92 on layaway it will be my last Ak47 onto something else. I am going to SBR 2 eventually and keep one as a pistol, I picked up a Mini Draco as well for the wife since she likes it better then the PAP. I was thinking of putting the shockwave brace on both the PAP and Mini, but wanted to see what the general consenus is between the Sig brace and the shockwave.  I was considering a single point sling as well but figured the braces had to be better. I see lots of SBR talk but for those times you cant have a SBR with you whats the favorite setup these days for pistol only setup. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Shockwave for the win
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shockwave for the win
View Quote

I have to agree here. Significantly lighter, less expensive, more streamlined. Maybe not as 'comfortable', though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks so far that was my thinking as well well less cost for one  and not so bulky. So the shockwave is durable and not flimsy right? I just have never seen one before.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Shockwave.
I have both braces and have tried single point sling only.
Single point sling / pushing forward does work, but the brace (either) works better. By "works", I mean "can get accurate hits faster".
Shockwave wins over SIG on all counts: lighter, cheaper, far less bulky, AND you can put the pistol down without unstrapping it. Getting into and out of a SIG brace is not convenient.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate the info.....next question side folder or no side folder option?

Quoted:
Shockwave.
Single point sling / pushing forward does work, but the brace (either) works better. By "works", I mean "can get accurate hits faster".
Shockwave wins over SIG on all counts: lighter, cheaper, far less bulky, AND you can put the pistol down without unstrapping it. Getting into and out of a SIG brace is not convenient.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate the info.....next question side folder or no side folder option?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Shockwave.

Well, with a side folder, a Shockwave-braced PAP with a 20-round mag fits into a large laptop bag / briefcase...
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all your help sounds exactly like what I am looking for then and should work great I appreciate it :)

Quoted:

Well, with a side folder, a Shockwave-braced PAP with a 20-round mag fits into a large laptop bag / briefcase...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Shockwave.

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Suggestions:

KAK tube and brace kit is $95. You don't need the spring and buffer, and (depending on your sling setup) you might want a different endplate.
KAK

StormWerks folder mechanism for AR buffer tube is $75.
StormWerks

Optional, but nice is the WildBill wedge ($60) and backing plate ($28) to make installing your folding brace easy. He's selling them over on AKFiles. Either a google search for "M92 PAP wedge kit" or a member name search on AKFiles will get you the link.

Might as well replace the handguards with the Manticore ones and screw on one of their brakes while you're at it.
Manticore

Yes, I've just doubled the price of your PAP. Sorry 'bout that. Not really.

BTW, the Hornady 123gr SST steel cased ammo seems to be optimal in the PAP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent info and really appreciate the links as well thats going to cost some coin but when done wow will they be nice thanks pigbat going to be a nice project..
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
my mini draco waiting on sbr form 1

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both braces shockwave for sure it's better than the SIG brace in every way. I actually have three shockwave braces sold the Sig brace.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had both, Shockwave Technologies  Blade wins!
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shockwave for the win
View Quote

FPNI

Sig Brace is too heavy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Suggestions:

KAK tube and brace kit is $95. You don't need the spring and buffer, and (depending on your sling setup) you might want a different endplate.
KAK

StormWerks folder mechanism for AR buffer tube is $75.
StormWerks

Optional, but nice is the WildBill wedge ($60) and backing plate ($28) to make installing your folding brace easy. He's selling them over on AKFiles. Either a google search for "M92 PAP wedge kit" or a member name search on AKFiles will get you the link.

Might as well replace the handguards with the Manticore ones and screw on one of their brakes while you're at it.
Manticore

Yes, I've just doubled the price of your PAP. Sorry 'bout that. Not really.

BTW, the Hornady 123gr SST steel cased ammo seems to be optimal in the PAP.
View Quote

Great links! Thank you
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shockwave for the win
View Quote

I agree 100%.  The Sig brace isn't a bad option either but the shockwave is just a cleaner looking / functional piece of kit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#16]
On my ar pistol, I have the Nordic tube and clamp that keeps the sig brace from rotating and moving forward.  Is there such a thing for the shockwave?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
On my ar pistol, I have the Nordic tube and clamp that keeps the sig brace from rotating and moving forward.  Is there such a thing for the shockwave?
View Quote

If you buy the KAK tube with your brace (and you definitely should), it has a row of dimples along the bottom. The brace itself has a pointed setscrew that you tighten to lock it into one of the dimples. It's a very clean, integrated system.
I suppose you could set your desired length, drill through the appropriate dimple, tap the tube, and run the setscrew into the tube if you wanted to get real anal about it, but the dimples seem to hold the brace quite well, both rotationally and lengthwise.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I just looked up a picture of the tube.  That looks like it would work great. Bil probably order one tonight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I went with Shockwave.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like the sb15 on my mini Draco but I'm going to change it to a shockwave. I have a shockwave on my AR pistol and its just a little nicer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Shockwave because......if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear does it make a sound?!?!
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
SBX or SB15, because if you misuse it against the shoulder, it's much softer than the Shockwave. It's even softer than an AK rifle with a nancy pad. And any of them misused that way beat the crap out of tight sling method for stability and accuracy.

And of course shoulder fire is the only reason to have any of the braces for everyone except maybe 5 people in the world with a certain very narrow range of physical problems.

- OS
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#23]
OP, could you clear your PM inbox?  I would like to ask you something, unrelated to this thread.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Shockwave without a doubt.

Had the SB47 to begin with. You don't realize how bulky it is until you get the Shockwave.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shockwave without a doubt.

Had the SB47 to begin with. You don't realize how bulky it is until you get the Shockwave.

http://i.imgur.com/oqt6j7g.png
View Quote

What folding mechanism is that?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Could anyone please tell me what muzzle device this is I've been looking for this one Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s959.photobucket.com/user/joliandthai/media/20151127_205524_zpsehh2nkmx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae74/joliandthai/20151127_205524_zpsehh2nkmx.jpg</a>
View Quote

What muzzle device is that? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Sig brace. Extra weight in the back helps balance the gun out, makes it less nose-heavy.

Also, I refuse to use single-point slings. I don't like getting whacked in the nuts when I need to use my hands.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sig brace. Extra weight in the back helps balance the gun out, makes it less nose-heavy.

Also, I refuse to use single-point slings. I don't like getting whacked in the nuts when I need to use my hands.
View Quote

+1 to both of these, I think my Draco balances better with my SB47. And I also prefer a two point sling, I've tried single point slings on several of my rifles and while they transition quickly they kinda suck when you're hiking in the woods all day, a two point setup is hands free.

if you're adding a folder then it's a Shockwave, no question.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s959.photobucket.com/user/joliandthai/media/20151127_205524_zpsehh2nkmx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae74/joliandthai/20151127_205524_zpsehh2nkmx.jpg</a>
View Quote

What are the specs on that folder mechanism?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top