Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2015 7:38:23 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick one of these up.  Anyone have one and willing to share their thoughts?.  is $699+ still reasonable?  I'm actually seeing prices all over the place lately?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Bumping it up for one more day to see if anyone has any feedback
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I received one for Christmas last year that I SBR'd this spring.  U.S. machine gun sells a rear trunion that doesn't require your to drill and tap the receiver if you do want to go the SBR route. They also make aluminum quad rail for it, but the polymer one is very sufficient.

Runs great, built like a tank (milled receiver is super solid). Accuracy is sub 2 moa with just about any ammo I throw in it. Its a lot tighter than most AK's I've played with, virtually no rattle.  Mine came with the "shark fin" front sight, I'm up in the air if I like it or the standard Ak front sight better. If you get one, a little bit of white paint on the front sight makes a huge difference. Comes with a tapco trigger that was surprisingly light with good reset.  

As a pistol it was pretty hard to use, I added a PWS break and it helped with muzzle flip but was still a little hard to control for double taps and rapid fire. As an SBR its just plain fun.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Picked it up.  Has a key mod rail on it, which I think I like so far.  I just have a small section of rail for a tlr-1.  so far, it looks out together well and seems solid.   A bit heavy but not terrible with the song brace

I think I do want to sbr this thing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thankful to have found this thread. Are you still running the brace? Mine has the brace, but I want to SBR this thing. Have you found any other options for stock mounts other than the one at this link?

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=C39-6POS

I see the individual in the following article has mounted the MAGPUL Zhukov stock. If there's any info on how to do this it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.majorpandemic.com/2015/05/magpul-ak47-furniture-review.html
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top