Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2015 1:57:01 PM EDT
Looking for suggestions for a rock solid handguard that will co-witness a Burris FastFire 3. I've tried the Manticore Arms Renegade. It co-witnesses well, but it has a slight side to side wobble.* I've used a Midwest Industries handguard on a different rifle. I liked how it was rock solid, but the M92 version isn't made for the FF3 (only the Aimpoint T1 or a pic rail that would put the FF3 too high for co-witness). It also heats up quite a bit.

Anyone used an Ultimak on the M92? Especially with a FF3? What handguard did you pair it with? Bonus points for pictures.

I've seen where some have modded various Magpul handguards. I'd be good with that, as long as it met both requirements (rock solid and co-witness FF3). I'd prefer a baked in solution, but I'm willing to do some DIY if necessary. I already have a one-off rear trunion and am working on a custom rear sight.

*I have nothing bad to say about Manticore. The owner, Sven, has been great. He replaced my handguard at no charge. He even attempted to install it on my rifle himself at the 2015 Bullpup Shoot. He couldn't get it to fit though, saying there are variances created by loose tolerances in many AKs. It's too bad, because I really like it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, since nobody seems to have any suggestions, I'll change to an easier question:

What handguard do you use on your M92? I'm in the market for one and I want to hear from other M92 owners. Post a picture and tell me what you like and dislike about yours.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm planning on going with the Ultimak on mine once I SBR it.  It'd be nice if someone made a polymer lower handguard though that fit the M92.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm planning on going with the Ultimak on mine once I SBR it.  It'd be nice if someone made a polymer lower handguard though that fit the M92.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Manticore Arms makes a polymer handguard for the M92...  Here's a VIDEO of it.  Is not compatible with the Ultimak out of the box, it looks like you could modify it easily or use their optic mount.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Manticore Arms makes a polymer handguard for the M92...  Here's a VIDEO of it.  Is not compatible with the Ultimak out of the box, it looks like you could modify it easily or use their optic mount.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e15/11208535_1591118684509672_341080903_n.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e15/11208535_1591118684509672_341080903_n.jpg

Might want to re-read the OP
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top