Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:40:25 PM EDT

Serious question here - I currently have an m92.  I have never been a fan of rifle caliber cartridges in a pistol- simply of my own bias and want to SBR it.  Have a trust, yada yada, yada.  I'm looking for a nice stock; however, most of what I see are hinged.  I hate to admit this, but I just don't like the look and couldn't see myself shooting it in this configuration or else I would keep it as a pistol.  Out of curiosity, why do so many people like the hinge?  I can see myself with an under folder on it.  I have a Yugo UF and it is convenient to collapse the stock for storage and looks nice as well.  Obviously I will need a 'smith to have that installed, but what does the group recommend about keeping it somewhat traditional looking.  I don't plan on making it a tacti-cool sbr, that's what my AR's are for - maybe someday I'll put a rail on it but for now I'd like to keep it simple, add a brake and some form of traditional stock.  All advice and opinions are welcome.  Trolls can stay on the front porch.  Bragging photos are encouraged, but list what you got on it if you share!

Quick note: my SN is forward and I don't mind buying the appropriate trunion and having it professionally installed.  I assume maybe the hinge is a simple do-it yourself deal?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Personal tastes basically.  I bought the M92 to make a poor mans Krink out of it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You can add an ACE adapter, hinged or not, by drilling and tapping two 10x32 holes in the rear trunnion. Hinged ones, or a pignose and put an AR buffer tube on it.

Replacing rear trunnion w yugo UF trunnion, likely won't have to weld over and redrill rivet holes, but you will have to drill holes in the side of the receiver for the stock axle.

Last option, requires major surgery. Replace the old trunnion with a standard AKM tang trunnion. Old holes must be welded over, redrilled, and reriveted. With this option, you can use any standard AKM stock. Fixed wooden, plastic, magpul, etc.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You say you like the looks of "original" stocks.  Well triangular stocks are original and Manticore makes one of the strongest I have seen.  If you don't want the stock to fold you can either not fold the hinge or just bolt the stock "directly" to the trunion without the hinge.  Why do people like the hinge?  Because I can store my SBR in a much smaller bag and it is very quick to deploy.  I have no interest in shooting it with the stock folded but I do have a lot of interest in the smallest package as possible when stored.

Just my .02

Here is mine but it has the folding hinge and a sling QD cup mounted to the side of the hinge.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top