Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2015 12:58:25 AM EDT
OMG after a year of changing parts around, she's done!
Last piece to the puzzle came in today, CNC Warrior Compact Brake!

Before:

Currently:

The only possible changes I could imagine are a CNC Warrior barrel extension and a CTR/MOE stock if the ATF gets rid of pistol braces altogether
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I just sent off form 1 for mine. Until then it wears a sig brace. Can the folder be drilled and put on with the brace until the form 1 clears.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, that looks great. Well done. How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Would you mind breaking down the build for us. What top cover is that?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you mind breaking down the build for us. What top cover is that?
View Quote

Gotta get ready for work but here's a quick list
Zastava PAP M92,  Stormwerkz AR hinge, Stormwerkz optic rail, Midwest Industries forearm, CNC Warrior Compact Brake, Shockwave Technologies Blade stabilizer, KAK Industry Shockwave tube, Magpul AFG1, Primary Arms MD-AD, Magpul AK grip, ALG AKT trigger, Ronin grips dust cover pin, CNC Warrior muzzle detent, ambi sling plate, UTG rail covers, yugo BHO mag, Tromix knurled bolt knob
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet that puppy is LOUD. Nice though!
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks great! BTW how are you liking the brake? And as for the MI rails, how do they hold to use, do they get hot quick?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Why the dust cover pin? Do you really take it off that often?

Also are you using the Stormwerkz or Wildbill angle shim? Did you drill the holes straight through into the trunnion, or at an angle to compensate for the shim?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Are the MI rails solid? Any wobble?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks great! BTW how are you liking the brake? And as for the MI rails, how do they hold to use, do they get hot quick?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haven't shot it with the new brake yet, MIGHT go in the morning but I fly out of state later in the day so I'm hesitant due to the "gun shot residue" test TSA does...
MI rails get friggin HOT, hence the AFG1 and Rail covers, then again, I shoot around 300 rounds every range trip so YMMV

Quoted:
Why the dust cover pin? Do you really take it off that often?

Also are you using the Stormwerkz or Wildbill angle shim? Did you drill the holes straight through into the trunnion, or at an angle to compensate for the shim?

I remove it every time I clean it, and it made installing the optic rail super easy
I used the Wildbill wedge kit with the nut inside the receiver. Stormwerkz shims are NOT the correct angle, I bought one and promptly sold it. I drilled straight holes
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I used the Wildbill wedge kit with the nut inside the receiver. Stormwerkz shims are NOT the correct angle, I bought one and promptly sold it. I drilled straight holes
View Quote

I think you must have gotten an early shim, the angle has been corrected on the new ones
-Josh
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think you must have gotten an early shim, the angle has been corrected on the new ones
-Josh
View Quote

Since when?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
dayumm, that dood sells those pins for $15 a pop lol, think you get 200 of them for $3.99 at harbor freight
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
dayumm, that dood sells those pins for $15 a pop lol, think you get 200 of them for $3.99 at harbor freight
View Quote

Please post the Harbor Freight part number, I may have to check them out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks great.
How do you like the KAK/Shockwave brace while shooting?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Any chance I get a photo without anything (AFG/Rail Gurads) mounted to the MI hand guard?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Videos:
https://youtu.be/Gd5jhaDY27Q

Night
https://youtu.be/1-4Bsb3UPlE

Quoted:
Any chance I get a photo without anything (AFG/Rail Gurads) mounted to the MI hand guard?  
View Quote

Here ya go
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Is that brake uncomfortably loud?

I have the heavy 4 piece on mine right now and looking for something more compact.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is that brake uncomfortably loud?

I have the heavy 4 piece on mine right now and looking for something more compact.
View Quote

I wear Howard Leight electronic ear pro and have zero complaints, YMMV
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool. Looks like it's been parkerized?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I have to ask what's the total you have in it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks great! I've been thinking about doing this exact setup except with an mlok handguard and maybe a linear comp.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Usmachinegun has that brace in a folding kit and I'm thinking about buying the kit. Hows the brace quality?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I know this is kind of a late response but thanks for posting up the photo with the naked rails bro.  What is the overall length sitting at?  I'm going to be ditching my sig brace for the setup you have here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Just some new pics, I took it jack rabbit hunting, got 10 rabbits :)

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
What is the process to add a stock to an M92 PAP?

I'd love to do this with the Rifled Dynamics adapter as it suites me perfectly. However I don't know how this works / if this works on the PAP as it is not setup as a rifle.

http://rifledynamics.com/collections/ak-accessories/products/ak-to-m-4-stock-adapter-by-rifle-dynamics

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks good man.  I just need to get the parts I need to switch out my sig brace for a blade
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#27]
You'd have to get a whole new rear trunnion installed, just go with an ace style adapter.

Whoops, forgot to quote nada
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top