Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/3/2015 5:40:55 PM EDT
I added this to an AIM order to get free shipping...I didn't get it yet but does it fit the M92? I have a full AK I can install on but rather the M92 as it gets way too hot to grab after 4 or 5 mags.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Short answer: no

They are designed for full size AK and AKM rifle handguards, the M92 has unique handguards, there are other options out there for it however, or if you want to experiment to fit it please post a thread with results as I'm sure a LOT of people would want to do that mod
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are designed for full size AK and AKM rifle handguards, the M92 has unique handguards, there are other options out there for it however, or if you want to experiment to fit it please post a thread with results as I'm sure a LOT of people would want to do that mod
View Quote

Ive been making Magpul handguards for the M92 and other AKs since long before the days of Zhukov.
Heres the handguard I made a couple years ago for one of my M92s. Ive been meaning to post a thread on how to do it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ive been making Magpul handguards for the M92 and other AKs since long before the days of Zhukov.
Heres the handguard I made a couple years ago for one of my M92s. Ive been meaning to post a thread on how to do it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/zeromanforlife/media/image12.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/zeromanforlife/image12.jpeg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/zeromanforlife/media/image12.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/zeromanforlife/image12.jpeg</a>

Dude that looks great.

I hope you plan on starting a thread on how to modify one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry
Double tap
View Quote

I will this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried to fit it. I couldn't see how to make the AK version work unless I cut massive amounts of plastic from the insides.  
That looks like a regular AR version you modified.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I tried to fit it. I couldn't see how to make the AK version work unless I cut massive amounts of plastic from the insides.  
That looks like a regular AR version you modified.
View Quote

It is. Its a standard AR15 moe handguard that is cut and shaped to fit. but when its on there, its rock solid.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I was able to cut just the top channel of aluminum from the inner sleeve on the front, to make room for the muzzle device to fit, and a small slot for the sling loop. 30 minutes worth of dremmel work and Im happy with it. Just trying to decide on top now. Still have the wood and it looks a little odd. Not an AK purest so overall happy with finished product.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
" />
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I gave up on it. Too much of a PITA for me....I'll just wear gloves
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top