Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/1/2015 10:01:24 AM EDT

Akyls Defense (formally Red Jacket Firearms) makes a nifty Krinkov style brake in 26mm threads for the M92/M85 PAP. It does a good job of reducing recoil/muzzle rise, and doesn't add a lot of unnecessary flash, or noise. It still also acts as a booster as well.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried it?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
looks pretty cool, I don't think it would be much better than the nightbrake in the muzzle reduction department, but definitely beats it in looks
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

looks pretty cool, I don't think it would be much better than the nightbrake in the muzzle reduction department, but definitely beats it in looks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's hard to beat the Nightbrake, but I forgot how loud that thing is. This like the Damage Industries muzzle projector, is tame in the noise department

Quoted:

Have you tried it?

Yes I did the quick review on it. :). I need to become a supporter here to embed videos..

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's hard to beat the Nightbrake, but I forgot how loud that thing is. This like the Damage Industries muzzle projector, is tame in the noise department

Yes I did the quick review on it. :). I need to become a supporter here to embed videos..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Have you tried it?

I have a couple questions if you don't mind. I have the big Bulgarian 4 piece brake, is this one shorter and lighter overall? How much shorter? Obviously the noise will be fairly loud but is it that much worse than the 4 piece?

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a couple questions if you don't mind. I have the big Bulgarian 4 piece brake, is this one shorter and lighter overall? How much shorter? Obviously the noise will be fairly loud but is it that much worse than the 4 piece?

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/Mobile%20Uploads/64F13E70-7670-46BF-B45F-E09AF66A755B_zpsgudezhgr.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you tried it?

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/Mobile%20Uploads/64F13E70-7670-46BF-B45F-E09AF66A755B_zpsgudezhgr.jpg
the 4Pc is 3.25" long and weighs approx. 8oz! Akyls is 2.49" and 3.39oz. :D The 4pc directs sound forward, so it makes the gun seem quieter. The Akyls one isn't bad. Not nearly as loud as the Nightbrake

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'm going to try it. I like that it has the classical look. Thanks for posting it here.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered one!! Thanks, OP!
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
bump!
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I still need one.

Picked up a US made factory style booster and it's the same length as the 4 piece. It weighs 4.7 oz I think as opposed to the 7.4 oz 4 piece.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top